Squad v Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Squad v Warrington

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:41 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:36 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:29 pm
Smith get slated?not that I’ve seen he has at times been just as poor as Tommy is,he only looks the player he could be when he’s has Hastings as a partner…odd that isn’t it?
but smith is young and raw……. Whats tommys excuse? Hes the most uncreative half weve had for ages and only got away with it coz lockers used to act as an extra half to create
That’s my point and I’m not disagreeing with you but Smith is still young and raw and for me unless they can partner him with Hastings he shouldn’t be playing,he’s a long way off the finished article and in my opinion not as good as some think,yet.

As for Tommy it’s a year to long to be fair
Agreed ,but tommy is a good player ,but unfortunately never a half…… we look lost…… uncoached….. and, unfortunately we have totally outplayed wire, and lost….. im sorry but if we dont murder leigh by 50 plus……. Its time for lam to go……. Im also seriously thinking of us making an offer for luke gale( i dont like the guy) but hes a good un and might be just what we need as a leader…… i still think hastings in the halves and KPP right centre and we win this game……. Im probably ranting tonite but its so annoying coz wire are s&@£e and weve lost
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

Dropping Clark for Byrne was a huge and stupid mistake. Smith is crap, absolutely awful, Leuluai is even worse. Hastings is wasted at full back, everyone bar Lam can see this. The sooner Lam goes the better.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:42 pm Well Wigans inability to score or beat a top side under Lam continues.

With that first half possession we should have been miles ahead but hey hoe we beat a weakened Wakefield and a Huddersfield at bare bones.

Warrington haven't played or trained in 3 weeks...

The annoying thing is if we won this game I could say plenty of positives but the fact that we can't post points means they obviously just look good but have no effect in game.
Thought they were "coming in fresh" on purpose?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Good effort tonight. Poor finishing power though. Can't see that improving too much though we've got most of the players back that are coming back now.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Pbickerstaff wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:45 pm Can’t compete with any of the top sides
Too many youngsters in the squad
Cant compete with the top sides even with the established players either, it's not just because of the younger players
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Yet again absolutely clueless in attack.
Loads of possession but nothing to show for it.
Powell offers nothing at dummy half.
No goal kicker.
Lam thinks we were outstanding, yet again he is watching a different game, blaming the Ref now.
Untill Lam goes nothing will change.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Lam is deliousional

Wigan where outstanding and he is blaming the ref.

Seriously!!!!!

We had lots if go forward but we have no ability to finish.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Ipinwigan wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:54 pm Yet again absolutely clueless in attack.
Loads of possession but nothing to show for it.
Powell offers nothing at dummy half.
No goal kicker.
Lam thinks we were outstanding, yet again he is watching a different game, blaming the Ref now.
Untill Lam goes nothing will change.
The kick in the head was pee poor reffing though?……. Powell and tommy offer nothing in attack do young smith gets the stick
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:48 pm ….. im sorry but if we dont murder leigh by 50 plus……
I can pretty much guarantee that won't happen,
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:48 pm ……. Its time for lam to go…….
And neither will that.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

To be fair that Warrington try was harsh when Marshall was kicked on the floor - accidentally I must add but it was the turning point in the match and inconsistent reffing - hicks had a good first half but not the last 20, and we were well in that match until the Mamo try.

I can understand Lams frustration there