Squad v Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Squad v Warrington

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:29 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:26 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:23 pm

He is still young but nowhere near as good as some think he is at present,plenty of time for him though just another example of young players being overplayed by Lam
I agree foz but hes created more this season than tommys career ,and gets slated
Smith get slated?not that I’ve seen he has at times been just as poor as Tommy is,he only looks the player he could be when he’s has Hastings as a partner…odd that isn’t it?
They both do.
Charriots Offiah

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:43 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:40 pm Refs been fine in my opinion. We are just terrible.
I agree bar the Marshall injury, the fact my wire fan wife has been complaining he's biased towards wigans shows he's not been that bad.
You need to get rid of her mate 😀
Charriots Offiah

Mike wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:52 pm Good effort tonight. Poor finishing power though. Can't see that improving too much though we've got most of the players back that are coming back now.
No we haven’t.
Charriots Offiah

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:55 pm Lam is deliousional

Wigan where outstanding and he is blaming the ref.

Seriously!!!!!

We had lots if go forward but we have no ability to finish.
The decision to award the Mamo try without referring it to the video referee was criminal. Whilst I am not a fan of Lam he was spot on Wigan should have had a penalty, it was a game changer.
Charriots Offiah

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:02 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:40 pm Refs been fine in my opinion. We are just terrible.
I agree bar the Marshall injury, the fact my wire fan wife has been complaining he's biased towards wigans shows he's not been that bad.
Wasn’t that one just accidental though?
Making contact with the head is a penalty, accidental or not. Added to that Rashford obstructs Hastings, not as though he would have caught Mamo.
Charriots Offiah

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:11 pm Warrington tackled us out the game, helped by some predictable and slow play.

On the Mamo try, refs have immediately been stopping the game for any hint of a head injury this season so, yeh, can understand Lam's frustration.

Bibby's no try - couldn't see KPP touch the ball?
I agree with you regarding KPP, it went up as a try so it should have stood, again the officials did not apply the rules. By the way, in the build up to that no try Austin obstructed KPP.
Charriots Offiah

Mike wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:22 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:02 pm

Wasn’t that one just accidental though?
How many times have you heard a ref say "I know he was going down, but its contact with teh head and thats a penalty - there's nothing I can do"... Except when someone has been stone cold knocked out though obviously, that's play on!
Well said.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:42 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:26 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:22 pm

Smith has played well dan but his balls off tommy have been horrendous
Has he?

What’s he done? He’s another catch and pass like Tommy
Smith’s passing is so inconsistent, Hastings should be in the halves because his positional play at fullback is atrocious.
Well that would be because hastings is a fully paid up member of the half back club,only one person doesn’t see that though and he’s the one that counts
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Mamo stole the ball from an unconscious player, it wasn’t loose, he took it from his grasp. That’s shocking gamesmanship, no wonder so many wanted to punch him during the melee.

It’s typical Warrington, hope George is happy joining them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Lam has always been delusional, always seems to quote a different game we’ve all been watching.
Just look forward to next season because Lam is going nowhere until this season is finished.
Have to say every time I watch Pearce Paul he impresses me. Always causes trouble for the other team and full energy, just could do with another stone on him and he will be even more of a handful