Squad v Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Squad v Warrington

Post by fozzieskem »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:07 pm We won't win any big game with Lam in charge.
If the BOD have decided to change coach for next season with Matty Peet head coach then make that change now and we might, just might rescue something from the season.
I feel sorry for the players, they put in so much effort and the moves and plays which bring scores are just not there which is a coaching problem.

Thought Hicks was generally ok apart from the Charnley/Marshall incident which was dreadful. He will know that by now!
BTW if the Mamo try had been disallowed does anyone think we'd have won?
No I dont think it made any difference at all far to stodgy in attack.

Hicks I thought did ok tonight the Marshall incident was accidental but they seem to blow for a head knock even if its nowhere near the head so it was strange for him to let play go on.

Why oh why leave Powell,who I dont think is as bad as some would have you believe but is in a trough of poor form on for 75 mins..made no sense, but when do any of Lams decisions make sense?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:06 pm … I honestly cant remember wigan losing a game they dominated so much as this one
I don't think you can say we dominated a game in which we didn't score a point in the second half.

I wonder what Hanley's thinking? That his future is elsewhere, clearly.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:16 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:06 pm … I honestly cant remember wigan losing a game they dominated so much as this one
I don't think you can say we dominated a game in which we didn't score a point in the second half.

Hes 19 years old, still far from ready for the first team his time may come, just if Lam is still in charge it'll be as a prop forward.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well I was going to say, less facetiously, that he might well hang on to see what the next coach thinks.

I don't think we'd have been any worse with him at full-back and JH in the halves tonight, probably better. Hastings is doing his best with a tough ask, as he always does. He'll be missed.
Last edited by moto748 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:16 pm

God yea i didnt realise we hadnt scored……. I still think we dominated and shudda won…….once coaches start relying on injured players to return its a sign of desperation……. Like i said, i expect us to stick 50 on leigh or im on the lam our waggon( give or take a few points)…..if we wernt dropping form players then i might think different
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:02 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:43 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:40 pm Refs been fine in my opinion. We are just terrible.
I agree bar the Marshall injury, the fact my wire fan wife has been complaining he's biased towards wigans shows he's not been that bad.
Wasn’t that one just accidental though?
How many times have you heard a ref say "I know he was going down, but its contact with teh head and thats a penalty - there's nothing I can do"... Except when someone has been stone cold knocked out though obviously, that's play on!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Mike wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:22 pm
How many times have you heard a ref say "I know he was going down, but its contact with teh head and thats a penalty - there's nothing I can do"... Except when someone has been stone cold knocked out though obviously, that's play on!
That's very true, but isn't it part of the function of touch-judges to stop play in the event of serious injury?
Pbickerstaff

Post by Pbickerstaff »

Wouldn’t be surprised if hardacre is out for the rest of the season
He has a inflamed disc in his neck. Could cause serious trouble if he receives a bad knock
Don’t under stand why the Bibby try didn’t stand
Try on the field and insufficient evidence in my opinion
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Pbickerstaff wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:29 pm Wouldn’t be surprised if hardacre is out for the rest of the season
He has a inflamed disc in his neck. Could cause serious trouble if he receives a bad knock
Don’t under stand why the Bibby try didn’t stand
Try on the field and insufficient evidence in my opinion
Lam said everyone is due back in 2 weeks. I presume that's all but French.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:26 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:22 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:21 pm Harry Smith just isn't good enough to be one of our starting halves. Him and Field next season will be absolutely useless together. Teams will only have to score 2 tries a game to beat us. We’ll only manage 1.
Smith has played well dan but his balls off tommy have been horrendous
Has he?

What’s he done? He’s another catch and pass like Tommy
Smith’s passing is so inconsistent, Hastings should be in the halves because his positional play at fullback is atrocious.