Contract Renewals & Flanagan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Contract Renewals & Flanagan

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:38 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:47 pm Finally had the ok to “pass this on” Willie Isa signed a new deal about 2 weeks ago…. Prior to Lam stating that it was “almost done” it was already done. Powell, Bibby & Isa all now 100% staying.

A couple of you will already know this as It was part of a private message.

Announcement on all 3 should be within the next couple of weeks.

The feeling my “source” gets is that the club wanted to announce new signings prior to retentions. But they still have no idea why the club insist on long delays with announcements.

Club not as optimistic on Flanagan as they were 10 days ago.
I can concur with what Dan has posted as I am one of those that he shared the news with. Keep up the good work Dan. How are the nappy changes and sleepless nights going?

Me too 😊🏉🍒⚪️❤️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:54 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:34 pm I'm happy if Isa stays, he is massively underrated.

As vanilla ice would say.

Isa Isa Baby
That is a shocking pun..
It should be his chant at games, been a long time since we had one about a player :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:47 pm Finally had the ok to “pass this on” Willie Isa signed a new deal about 2 weeks ago…. Prior to Lam stating that it was “almost done” it was already done. Powell, Bibby & Isa all now 100% staying.

The feeling my “source” gets is that the club wanted to announce new signings prior to retentions. But they still have no idea why the club insist on long delays with announcements.

Thanks Dan.

I'm happy we're keeping all 3 (though appreciate some won't be!)

Caboose summed up Isa's value from the Wakey match:
Isa is a machine and while he did shoot out of the line at the wrong time at one point his intensity doesn't drop. There was a point where he didn't collect a pass (debatable if it was a bad pass or isa over ran) but he the proceeded to tackle the next 3 Wakefield plays in seconds massively reducing any meters they might of gained.
Isa, Sam P and Jake are all good solid players, and, in many instances, underrated because
they don't fit a pre-conceived image of a 2nd row/hooker/centre or wing.

Sam should and will be our captain next year imo. Jake is the kind of player who will always be in the 17 whether somebody is in front of him in for the 2,3,4 and 5 shirts or not.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote:

Thanks Dan.

I'm happy we're keeping all 3 (though appreciate some won't be!)

Caboose summed up Isa's value from the Wakey match:
Isa is a machine and while he did shoot out of the line at the wrong time at one point his intensity doesn't drop. There was a point where he didn't collect a pass (debatable if it was a bad pass or isa over ran) but he the proceeded to tackle the next 3 Wakefield plays in seconds massively reducing any meters they might of gained.
Isa, Sam P and Jake are all good solid players, and, in many instances, underrated because
they don't fit a pre-conceived image of a 2nd row/hooker/centre or wing.

Sam should and will be our captain next year imo. Jake is the kind of player who will always be in the 17 whether somebody is in front of him in for the 2,3,4 and 5 shirts or not.
There is nothing preconceived about expecting a hooker to be able to pass quickly, accurately and run from dummy half. It’s part of the CV for the job that Powell does not possess and you can see his week in, week out which is why I can’t understand why anyone defends such a mediocre player.

Resigning Powell is a symptom of why the club is not as well run as it should be. There is no ambition to improve on what we already have when the opportunity presents itself i.e. he’s out of contact. He should have been let go.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Knew you'd bite, Dave :lol:
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐