Contract Renewals & Flanagan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Contract Renewals & Flanagan

Post by Dan2266 »

Finally had the ok to “pass this on” Willie Isa signed a new deal about 2 weeks ago…. Prior to Lam stating that it was “almost done” it was already done. Powell, Bibby & Isa all now 100% staying.

A couple of you will already know this as It was part of a private message.

Announcement on all 3 should be within the next couple of weeks.

The feeling my “source” gets is that the club wanted to announce new signings prior to retentions. But they still have no idea why the club insist on long delays with announcements.

Club not as optimistic on Flanagan as they were 10 days ago.
fozzieskem

Re: Contract Renewals & Flanagan

Post by fozzieskem »

Flanagan was always nothing more than paper talk to me,no way was he ever coming here as for the renewals no one can be surprised by them surely I’d go further I’d have been more shocked if any one of the 3 had moved on.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:03 pm Flanagan was always nothing more than paper talk to me,no way was he ever coming here as for the renewals no one can be surprised by them surely I’d go further I’d have been more shocked if any one of the 3 had moved on.
Id have been shocked too, all Im saying is they are done.

Flanagan wasn't and isnt paper talk at all.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:06 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:03 pm Flanagan was always nothing more than paper talk to me,no way was he ever coming here as for the renewals no one can be surprised by them surely I’d go further I’d have been more shocked if any one of the 3 had moved on.

I’d be amazed and shocked if Flanagan turns up in SL anytime soon

But you’re right why not just get on with saying players have signed on it gets it out of the way
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:10 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:06 pm

I’d be amazed and shocked if Flanagan turns up in SL anytime soon

But you’re right why not just get on with saying players have signed on it gets it out of the way
I agree mate, I said from the off I doubt it goes further than an enquiry, but it has, slightly. From what Im hearing if he moves to the SL its more than likely Catalans. Id agree though, I think he stays in the NRL
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I'm happy if Isa stays, he is massively underrated.

As vanilla ice would say.

Isa Isa Baby
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:47 pm Finally had the ok to “pass this on” Willie Isa signed a new deal about 2 weeks ago…. Prior to Lam stating that it was “almost done” it was already done. Powell, Bibby & Isa all now 100% staying.

The feeling my “source” gets is that the club wanted to announce new signings prior to retentions. But they still have no idea why the club insist on long delays with announcements.

I can concur with what Dan has posted as I am one of those that he shared the news with. Keep up the good work Dan. How are the nappy changes and sleepless nights going?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:38 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:47 pm Finally had the ok to “pass this on” Willie Isa signed a new deal about 2 weeks ago…. Prior to Lam stating that it was “almost done” it was already done. Powell, Bibby & Isa all now 100% staying.

I can concur with what Dan has posted as I am one of those that he shared the news with. Keep up the good work Dan. How are the nappy changes and sleepless nights going?
Not too bad mate thanks, I usually function on minimal sleep so its not really a big change, the nappies however…. 🤢🤣
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

:D
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:39 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:38 pm

Not too bad mate thanks, I usually function on minimal sleep so its not really a big change, the nappies however…. 🤢🤣
:D
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:34 pm I'm happy if Isa stays, he is massively underrated.

As vanilla ice would say.

Isa Isa Baby
That is a shocking pun..