Isa: Ready to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Isa: Ready to go

Post by josie andrews »

Willie Isa previews Wigan’s away trip to face Warrington Wolves on Wednesday.

Watch the full interview on Wigan TV today.

Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors, Wed 28th July, Halliwell Jones Stadium, 7:45pm K.O.

Willie Isa is looking forward to the atmosphere of the Halliwell Jones Stadium when Wigan take on Warrington away this Wednesday.

Adrian Lam’s men face the Wire for the second time in 2021, having lost the first at the DW Stadium in June. Much like the game in June, this one is also the first of two inside a week for the Warriors, with the challenge of Leigh Centurions awaiting them on Sunday afternoon.

Speaking to Wigan TV ahead of the Round 16 fixture, the 32 year-old discussed the challenge of the double game week ahead.

“It is what it is. We’ve got to roll our sleeves up and get ready to go.

That’s what the Wigan teams have done before us and that’s what we have to do. We have to keep turning up; we’ll be ready on Wednesday.”

In dramatic contrast the the Cherry and Whites, Warrington haven’t played since the start of July, having been halted by Covid protocols following some positive results in their squad.

Despite their long lay-off, Isa expects a good Wire team on Wednesday.

They’ve been one of the top sides, they are expansive and play with a lot of energy.”

He also admitted the atmosphere of big away games such as this, is something he gets particularly excited for.

“Our fans always turn up on these away games. When they are all up there screaming for us, I’m looking forward to that.”

Hear more from Willie as he discusses Warrington in more depth, playing out of position IN 2021 and emerging young players by watching the full interview on Wigan TV HERE. Not a subscriber? Just click HERE to sign up today.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/07/ ... ady-to-go/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Isa: Ready to go

Post by Caboosegg »

In an age of player safety the rfl is happy for to allow a team to play 3 games in 8 days and then we wonder why quality drops.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Caboosegg wrote:In an age of player safety the rfl is happy for to allow a team to play 3 games in 8 days and then we wonder why quality drops.
So I don’t think we can blame the RFL for this one. It was the club owners who pushed this one through so that they can get some ticket revenue once the restrictions had been lifted.

I agree though, it does nothing for the quality of our game. This game should have been a prime time viewing, not one that is pushed into a mid-week slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ManxWarrior wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:08 am
Caboosegg wrote:In an age of player safety the rfl is happy for to allow a team to play 3 games in 8 days and then we wonder why quality drops.
So I don’t think we can blame the RFL for this one. It was the club owners who pushed this one through so that they can get some ticket revenue once the restrictions had been lifted.

I agree though, it does nothing for the quality of our game. This game should have been a prime time viewing, not one that is pushed into a mid-week slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly & yet we are playing Leigh on a Sunday afternoon!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan