Throwing Bottles

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AndyNick

Throwing Bottles

Post by AndyNick »

Haven't seen it mentioned on here (apologies if it has and i've missed it) and I hate to be the guy who brings it up but it's reared its ugly head again last night. Absolute morons, im sure the club will be hearing form the authorities about it. One missed the touch judge by inches.
moto748

Re: Throwing Bottles

Post by moto748 »

I haven't seen bottles thrown at or after a game since... the last time I went to Warrington, actually!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

AndyNick wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:46 am Haven't seen it mentioned on here (apologies if it has and i've missed it) and I hate to be the guy who brings it up but it's reared its ugly head again last night. Absolute morons, im sure the club will be hearing form the authorities about it. One missed the touch judge by inches.
Need to be banned the idiots.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

It wasn’t just once it happened on a couple of occasions, was speaking to a steward and he said they were expecting trouble as some “fans” had been drinking all days . I didn’t see anything as I was leaving ground though
FortressCentralPark

Post by FortressCentralPark »

Fans throwing bottles can f*** off to Latics. End of.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Justified post this! I was in the thick of it yesterday (not actually committing any act).

There was chap stood near me chanting with racist statements and taunting Hill and Austin. At one point he was taken to one side by a steward.

Must admit, I looked on Wire social media yesterday and thought something might have been posted.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cherry toffee wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:42 pm It wasn’t just once it happened on a couple of occasions, was speaking to a steward and he said they were expecting trouble as some “fans” had been drinking all days . I didn’t see anything as I was leaving ground though
And they were in the majority kids going to the bars & coming back with four or five bottles each!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Maxine

Post by Maxine »

Hubby and my lad who has a disability were in the thick of it plastic bottles and beer flying then a steward expelled a bloke who had been arguing behind them with a woman.
Never seen this at any matches I’ve attended with them.
I was a bit concerned has it spoils the family atmosphere of the game and didn’t want him copying what he saw but thankfully my lad was oblivious and he was still cheering and enjoying the match.
He was still buzzing at 1am :)