Squad v Leigh Centurions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
w.thomas

Re: Squad v Leigh Centurions

Post by w.thomas »

Graham1 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:03 pm Don’t understand Borough is leaving at end of season so he puts him on bench and leaves Oneill who is staying out of the 17. Should it not be the other way round?
Spot on,I said exactly this to my dad when I saw the selection. Baffling!
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Slated Smith last week but he was outstanding today. Yes its only Leigh, but he can only play whats in front of him.

Club looking into alleged racist abuse not sure if its player or fan related, anyone heard anything?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:23 pm Slated Smith last week but he was outstanding today. Yes its only Leigh, but he can only play whats in front of him.

Club looking into alleged racist abuse not sure if its player or fan related, anyone heard anything?
Probably the leigh fans from the kicking off going on.

How some of them were allowed back to their seats after trying to attack a steward I do not know.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Thought Shorrocks had a great game. He is a good link between forwards and backs. Sorry to see Bourouh go made a great break I cannot remember last time Powell did one. What a difference a hooker makes who is prepared to have a go. Smith at last kicked like he used to do in the Academy, can’t underestimate confidence.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Graham1 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:54 pm Thought Shorrocks had a great game. He is a good link between forwards and backs. Sorry to see Bourouh go made a great break I cannot remember last time Powell did one. What a difference a hooker makes who is prepared to have a go. Smith at last kicked like he used to do in the Academy, can’t underestimate confidence.
Completely agree in regards to Smiths kicking just as he was back then slotting then over from acute angles as for Shorrocks he just gets better each game
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:33 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:23 pm Slated Smith last week but he was outstanding today. Yes its only Leigh, but he can only play whats in front of him.

How some of them were allowed back to their seats after trying to attack a steward I do not know.
Yes I’m sure we all heard the “we don’t tolerate racist”message over the tannoy something that let’s be fair isn’t heard often,if at all through the season but wheat can you expect from the muppets who call themselves Leigh’s supporters
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

One leyther also attacked Max! He ran down to the corner of the north east stand attacked Max & the stewards put the culprit back in the stand!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:25 pm

One leyther also attacked Max! He ran down to the corner of the north east stand attacked Max & the stewards put the culprit back in the stand!!
What a moron
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Smith was very good today but I wish he would cut out those no look passes to his centre that go behind his target. I am sure that he will learn or receive stern instructions from the next coach.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:02 pm

Yes I’m sure we all heard the “we don’t tolerate racist”message over the tannoy something that let’s be fair isn’t heard often,if at all through the season but wheat can you expect from the muppets who call themselves Leigh’s supporters
Monkey chants I believe!