Squad v Leigh Centurions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: Squad v Leigh Centurions

Post by ian.birchall »

And finally we have got a positive points difference again!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

I wasn't able to get to the game. Can anyone give me a summation?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

50 points…… happy days…… what about that then moto? Hopefully the lads who have stepped in get rewarded
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

It was only leigh so would have to see it vs better opposition but for me Powell being subbed changed our play completely.

Did anyone also notice lockers multiple times have a chat to shorrock/smith/Hanley about the attack play. Someone in the coaching team saw something.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:12 pm It was only leigh so would have to see it vs better opposition but for me Powell being subbed changed our play completely.

Did anyone also notice lockers multiple times have a chat to shorrock/smith/Hanley about the attack play. Someone in the coaching team saw something.
It’s only Leigh, Christ caboosegg.
I can be quite negative at times but let’s enjoy the fact we’ve finally put plenty of points on the board and won comprehensively and not just hung on to win.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Levrier wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:02 pm I wasn't able to get to the game. Can anyone give me a summation?
We scored 9 tries all out wide.
Harry Smith kicked 7 of these. He was outstanding today, made several breaks which led to tries. Deservedly won man of the match.
Two sendings off after about 15mins ….Singleton for us and Ashworth for the Lobbies. Two props going at each other like you used to see. It probably helped us more as it made the game more open with twelve each.
Hanley scored a hat trick. Nothing special in any of his tries but will hopefully do his confidence a world of good.
Sam Halsall looked very composed and dependable again.
Bateman went off after appearing to pick up a knock (didnt look serious) but looked to be more like his old self.
Borough looked lively off the bench. Made a great break for Shorrocks try.
Leigh never really offered much.
Over 9,000 on.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

My thoughts

Leigh are just abysmal one of the worst sides ever in “super” league

Wigan looked so much better when Tommy went off

I said to my wife as Leigh relegated (that’s surely their new name?)scored that Wigan would get 50 or 60 I was disappointed they didn’t score more and I say that without a hint of arrogance but purely because they where so bad.

Shorrocks again caught the eye again

Powell didn’t

Singleton bloody daft to fall into the trap of getting sent off I’d think he will get a couple of games extra for the punch

Can only beat what’s put in front of you and Leigh were just awful but Wigan did the job
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

It's gone quiet in here all of a sudden :lol:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:47 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:12 pm It was only leigh so would have to see it vs better opposition but for me Powell being subbed changed our play completely.

I can be quite negative at times but let’s enjoy the fact we’ve finally put plenty of points on the board and won comprehensively and not just hung on to win.
I did enjoy it, I'm saying I'm not going to make a full judgment on my opinion of replacing Powell at hooker until I see these young lads play more than a 12 man leigh.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:11 pm
Barney841 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:47 pm

I did enjoy it, I'm saying I'm not going to make a full judgment on my opinion of replacing Powell at hooker until I see these young lads play more than a 12 man leigh.
Ok, my apologies. That’s fair enough.
I agree that we need a hooker with quicker hands and more attacking minded