Squad v Leigh Centurions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Squad v Leigh Centurions

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Graham1 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:54 pm Thought Shorrocks had a great game. He is a good link between forwards and backs. Sorry to see Bourouh go made a great break I cannot remember last time Powell did one. What a difference a hooker makes who is prepared to have a go. Smith at last kicked like he used to do in the Academy, can’t underestimate confidence.
I have always liked Joe but I would like to see him commit a defender before passing.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

The more games he gets in the loose forward role the better he will get, much better LF than Partington. Hope Lam keeps him there for a couple of games. I would even play him at hooker before Powell. Pity about Singleton think he’s looking at a 3 match ban.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:54 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:02 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:33 pm

Probably the leigh fans from the kicking off going on.

How some of them were allowed back to their seats after trying to attack a steward I do not know.
Yes I’m sure we all heard the “we don’t tolerate racist”message over the tannoy something that let’s be fair isn’t heard often,if at all through the season but wheat can you expect from the muppets who call themselves Leigh’s supporters
Monkey chants I believe!
Oh charming Jesus I thought we had left this sort of nonsense long back in the 70/80s?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:39 pm
Yes I’m sure we all heard the “we don’t tolerate racist”message over the tannoy something that let’s be fair isn’t heard often,if at all through the season but wheat can you expect from the muppets who call themselves Leigh’s supporters
Monkey chants I believe!
Oh charming Jesus I thought we had left this sort of nonsense long back in the 70/80s?
Barstewards 😡
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter>

You've heard of a reverse hex, haven't you? :lol:

Tbh I completely forgot the game was on today. :roll:

So the one time we managed to string together some attacking rugby, I missed it. So all I've seen are the brief highlights, some good stuff there, from Smith, Shorrocks, Borouh, and others.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Graham1 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:35 pm The more games he gets in the loose forward role the better he will get, much better LF than Partington. Hope Lam keeps him there for a couple of games. I would even play him at hooker before Powell. Pity about Singleton think he’s looking at a 3 match ban.
A quick look at the highlights - Parto/Singleton will get bans, what the Leigh #33 was doing throwing cheap punches at Singleton I do not know but he should get a ban.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:39 pm
Monkey chants I believe!
Oh charming * I thought we had left this sort of nonsense long back in the 70/80s?
Isn't Leigh still in the 70s/80s?

* deleted word ☹️
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:03 pm
Graham1 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:35 pm The more games he gets in the loose forward role the better he will get, much better LF than Partington. Hope Lam keeps him there for a couple of games. I would even play him at hooker before Powell. Pity about Singleton think he’s looking at a 3 match ban.
A quick look at the highlights - Parto/Singleton will get bans, what the Leigh #33 was doing throwing cheap punches at Singleton I do not know but he should get a ban.
I agree. The big question is will Bullock get a game?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I just watched the whole game, Have to say, so impressed with Halsall. Hastings is going to leave big boots,and it was just the game that Smith needed.
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:33 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:23 pm Slated Smith last week but he was outstanding today. Yes its only Leigh, but he can only play whats in front of him.

Club looking into alleged racist abuse not sure if its player or fan related, anyone heard anything?
Probably the leigh fans from the kicking off going on.

How some of them were allowed back to their seats after trying to attack a steward I do not know.
The Leigh fans were singing a sectarian song at one point and I assumed the announcement was in response to that (although they sang it again after that)