Squad v Leigh Centurions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Squad v Leigh Centurions

Post by fozzieskem »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:12 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:49 am I’m sure there will be more than 5k but it’ll be miles short of a full house unless they give tickets away and use cattle prods to get people through the gate.
Local amateur team offering match tickets for the East stand £1.00 each for kids and a tenner for adults

Forced me to take up residence at the atmosphere-less game - apart from the lobbygobblers giving it what for

I'm gonna make sure my phone is charged so I can scroll through screwfix catalogue when we are in possession - don't want to be too bored
At least they’re trying something but where’s the hype,the battle of the burough type nonsense of years past..now it’s p,ease come we promise it’s safe..how times have changed.

I said here a few times I could see no road to Damascus type of crowd returns it was always going to be a hard slog but I didn’t think it would be this hard for the club and the sport in fairness
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Mickw wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:36 amI fancy leigh.
Not something I've ever heard before -and I lived in Hindley Green :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:20 pm
I cannot believe you are living in Morley then Morley if you can say that about Leigh. :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Don’t understand Borough is leaving at end of season so he puts him on bench and leaves Oneill who is staying out of the 17. Should it not be the other way round?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Graham1 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:03 pm Don’t understand Borough is leaving at end of season so he puts him on bench and leaves Oneill who is staying out of the 17. Should it not be the other way round?
Bit crazy isnt it
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Funny how in hindley green its half wigan half leigh fans( depending on which side of the tamar your from 😭😭)
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:50 pm
Graham1 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:03 pm Don’t understand Borough is leaving at end of season so he puts him on bench and leaves Oneill who is staying out of the 17. Should it not be the other way round?
Bit crazy isnt it

If Lam is having to endure the interference with team selection some people are hinting at maybe it’s his way of sticking two fingers up to someone, and make a point. It would appear he has nothing to loose as he has a low level of respect and he is expected to be leaving anyway. Maybe he is trying to disrupt things for the next person to take over.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
Shevvylad

Post by Shevvylad »

In medal news, Leigh's Jack Ashworth has just won a silver....😅😅😅
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:52 pm
Funny how in hindley green its half wigan half leigh fans( depending on which side of the tamar your from 😭😭)
Haha, in danger of going off topic, but I was born in Hindley, and where we then lived in Hindley Green was made famous by Dave Spikey.

He had a slow puncture in HG, went to the petrol station & asked if they had an air-line. The answer was "An airline??? We haven't even got a bus station!" :lol:

I used to read in bed by the light from the Esso sign at John Plumpton's petrol station on Atherton Road, just before the Dunlop cotton mill. Mostly Wigan fans round there, well clear of the Tamar!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:44 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:52 pm

Haha, in danger of going off topic, but I was born in Hindley, and where we then lived in Hindley Green was made famous by Dave Spikey.

He had a slow puncture in HG, went to the petrol station & asked if they had an air-line. The answer was "An airline??? We haven't even got a bus station!" :lol:

I used to read in bed by the light from the Esso sign at John Plumpton's petrol station on Atherton Road, just before the Dunlop cotton mill. Mostly Wigan fans round there, well clear of the Tamar!
Brilliant….. i used play pool for the tamar lol….. upstairs on the 10 footish table….. the spikey champion gag was better for leigh i think