Wigan star’s career in jeopardy following serious injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Re: Wigan star’s career in jeopardy following serious injury

Post by jaws1 »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:53 pm I’m sure when Tommy gets fully fit (no matter how long it is), he will be welcomed back into the first team…
Tommys past it dont want him back in the first team let him take his coaching job.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

jaws1 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:31 pm
Barney841 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:53 pm I’m sure when Tommy gets fully fit (no matter how long it is), he will be welcomed back into the first team…
Tommys past it dont want him back in the first team let him take his coaching job.
I was being sarcastic
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

nathan_rugby wrote:
DaveO wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:04 pm Three serious hamstring injuries in the team and I think Gildart is also suffering from a hamstring strain.

How unlucky can you get?

I doubt they are related to poor conditioning and all occurred for different reasons with Tommy's age and the toll long career has taken probably not helping in his case.

If there is a silver lining here it might force Lam to play Hasting's back in the halves though I am not holding my breath.
Why do you doubt this?

It is starting to look suspicious if you ask me.
I just think it’s too easy to jump to that conclusion. Didn’t French have next to no pre season with the club? If so he can’t be the victim of the conditioning in the off season. Gildart was injured so likewise wouldn’t have been training.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

DaveO wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:06 am
nathan_rugby wrote:
DaveO wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:04 pm Three serious hamstring injuries in the team and I think Gildart is also suffering from a hamstring strain.

How unlucky can you get?

I doubt they are related to poor conditioning and all occurred for different reasons with Tommy's age and the toll long career has taken probably not helping in his case.

If there is a silver lining here it might force Lam to play Hasting's back in the halves though I am not holding my breath.
Why do you doubt this?

I just think it’s too easy to jump to that conclusion. Didn’t French have next to no pre season with the club? If so he can’t be the victim of the conditioning in the off season. Gildart was injured so likewise wouldn’t have been training.
Lack of or improper conditioning can also lead to injuries.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:59 am
DaveO wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:06 am
nathan_rugby wrote:
Why do you doubt this?

Lack of or improper conditioning can also lead to injuries.
If we had poor conditioning we would have lost alot more games this season, the player not being exhausted in the last 20 minutes won us quite a few of those first 7 games.

I would not blame the club for the mass of injuries this year but the crammed together schedule add to the fact we have played more games than most clubs in a short turn around mass injuries was always a potential outcome.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

It’s Shaun Wane’s training methods that are causing us all these injuries…… :roll:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:16 am It’s Shaun Wane’s training methods that are causing us all these injuries…… :roll:
:D I can't wait for that to come back!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:15 pm
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:16 am It’s Shaun Wane’s training methods that are causing us all these injuries…… :roll:
Neither can I because trophies come with it :D
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:23 am
Fantastic, can't for seasons full of mind numbingly unenjoyable rugby

I suppose that's ok though as long as we win trophies

I feel sorry for those who can afford season tickets to have to put up with that all over again
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:26 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:23 am

Fantastic, can't for seasons full of mind numbingly unenjoyable rugby

I suppose that's ok though as long as we win trophies

I feel sorry for those who can afford season tickets to have to put up with that all over again
Don't talk wet, this SW rugby was boring is a complete fallacy.

We play worse now.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.