Dom Manfredi retired

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: Dom Manfredi retired

Post by ian.birchall »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:32 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:13 pm As everyone has said a top lad a credit to himself and the club he played for,it was always uphill for him but you really wanted to hope for the best as on his day there’s not many better.

I wish him well for the future
Well put, Fozzie, and same here.
+1
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

A better person than a rugby league player and he was a star on the field. Rugby League has been robbed of one of the great modern day wingers. Best of luck mate.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Just to add to what everyone is saying. A really gifted player who never gave less than his best. We were lucky to enjoy him as long as we could. Good luck to him in his post-playing career.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Best winger to be produced out of the academy for a long time. He was better than burgess and charnley.
It’s just a shame we never seen him in his prime, he would of been a world beater
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Just goes to show what a cruel sport RL can be. I am sure he'd have been a fixture at international level had his career not been ended by injury.

He has his grand final winners medal which he can look back on with pride.
culinator

Post by culinator »

I agree will all the above.
A winger i really enjoyed watching, tough runner, hopefully he has a plan for his future.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

I've seen some excellent wingers at Wigan going back to the days of Brian Nordgren, Gordon Ratcliffe, Jack Hilton etc and Dom Manfredi must rate alongside the best. Just a great pity he only got 80 odd games in eight years but I'm certain he'll be remembered as a Wigan great.
Whatever life throws at him, he's proved he can handle the darker side. Good luck to the lad and thanks for the excitement he gave us, he'll be sorely missed.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

He never moaned no matter what the game threw at him and never gave less than 100%, true gent who now deserves a break in his life, there was always a buzz of excitement when he collected a kick and started to run it out at pace he will be missed by the game