Jake Bibby's Wigan future confirmed as Warriors make contract decision

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Jake Bibby's Wigan future confirmed as Warriors make contract decision

Post by josie andrews »

Bibby's initial contract with the club expired at the end of the season.

Wigan Warriors coach Adrian Lam has revealed the club has extended Jake Bibby's contract.

Nothing has been confirmed by the club officially yet in regards to Bibby's future, but many expected the 25-year-old to re-sign with Wigan given his impressive form in 2021.

Lam revealed that was the case, with the club activating a one-year extension to the star's contract that will keep him at the club in 2022.

Bibby has excelled on the competition's try-scoring charts, and has proven himself to be a reliable option for Lam in a number of positions.

"He's a machine - he's re-signed with the club and whatever is best for the team, he's happy to do it," Lam said

I'm so pleased for Jake. If you'd said at the start of the year he'd have played in almost every game, you wouldn't have believed it. It's players like him that have kept us ticking over this season. I'm really pleased for him."

Lam was effusive in his praise of Bibby, insisting that as far as utility players go, Bibby has been one of the standout performers in the whole of Super League this year.

"He's a champion person and a popular member of the team," Lam said. "I think if you weigh up his stats against other players playing out of position, he'd be number one by a country mile."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-21281172
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan