Referee for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Referee for Friday

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors v St Helens

20th August, KO: 19:45

Referee: C. Kendall

Reserve Referee: J. Smith
Touch Judge 1: T. Grant
Touch Judge 2: S. Mikalauskas
Video Referee: J. Child
Reserve Touch Judge: W. Turley
Time Keeper: N. Hope
M Com: A. Brown
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
up the junction

Re: Referee for Friday

Post by up the junction »

Can anyone explain why Percival wasn’t Sin binned for running in after Isas facial ?
Kendal binned Bateman for the same ?
Absolute joke decisions , which looked even worse after watching the game again .No wonder players react like they do when incompetent officials do as they please .
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

In no way am I implying the result would have been any different as we are s***e
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

up the junction wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:30 am Can anyone explain why Percival wasn’t Sin binned for running in after Isas facial ?
Kendal binned Bateman for the same ?
Absolute joke decisions , which looked even worse after watching the game again .No wonder players react like they do when incompetent officials do as they please .
Exactly, I thought Kendall was a decent ref but the seems to have taken the Red Hall Kool-aid :(

No Red for a "petulant" kick to the head...
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It does amuse me when I see on here people knocking Hicks and Child’s in particular while Kendal seemingly gets away with any criticism.

Friday was classic Kendal,overly harsh till the game got away from him mainly because of the kick from Bentley that seemed to be the flashpoint and it all went downhill from there,I’m not excusing any of the loutish behaviour from Wigan’s players but Kendal’s hap hazard handling didn’t help matters,the last time I saw him as bad as that was the 2019 grand final,he pulled Salford for every indiscretion yet he seem to let similar from st Helens where waved away.

I try not to have a go at the refs,frankly I think Hicks and Childs are pretty good at their jobs but Kendal I don’t know why he seems to get so many big games.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:01 pm It does amuse me when I see on here people knocking Hicks and Child’s in particular while Kendal seemingly gets away with any criticism.

Friday was classic Kendal,overly harsh till the game got away from him mainly because of the kick from Bentley that seemed to be the flashpoint and it all went downhill from there,I’m not excusing any of the loutish behaviour from Wigan’s players but Kendal’s hap hazard handling didn’t help matters,the last time I saw him as bad as that was the 2019 grand final,he pulled Salford for every indiscretion yet he seem to let similar from st Helens where waved away.

I try not to have a go at the refs,frankly I think Hicks and Childs are pretty good at their jobs but Kendal I don’t know why he seems to get so many big games.
Last week when Thaler reffed Castleford v Saints, he didn’t pamper to any players of either team whinging or whatever, he told them straight what he wanted & oh dear me, Saints lost!

There’s too much of this RFL mandate of siding with particular teams so they win, do the job you’re suppose to do not what you think you should do for your bosses pockets!! Because I bet everything will be done so Catalan don’t get to the GF! Remember the CC v Wire!! They were well out of pocket then!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

There was some very strange calls, however the ref was the least of our issues.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.