Lam Out!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
blindsideprop

Re: Lam Out!

Post by blindsideprop »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:34 pm Hatred?

Seriously you need to have a look at yourself.

No hatred from me, not even close. As I said, I don't actually blame Lam at all.

Yes he is out of his depth, but you can't blame him for accepting the position when offered, or sticking with it when an extension was granted.

If anything I feel sorry for him. It's his livelihood at the end of the day.
I agree entirely, what a disgraceful statement to say you hate someone you dont even know, he is not doing a very good job but it is not all Lam,s fault.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:57 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:34 pm Hatred?

Seriously you need to have a look at yourself.

No hatred from me, not even close. As I said, I don't actually blame Lam at all.

Yes he is out of his depth, but you can't blame him for accepting the position when offered, or sticking with it when an extension was granted.

If anything I feel sorry for him. It's his livelihood at the end of the day.
Well said 😊
I think this thread is delivered about me hatred was the wrong word to use frustration would have been a better word where did i say i hated Lam .Josie you are on personal terms with all the players and their wives coaches ,Rads and IL anything said about them you jump on the user. Feel sorry and dont blame Lam do you Wintergreen he should look at himself what he has done he has played the young forwards till they are burned out on their feet when he had Bullock best forward against Saints not on team sheet for Leeds .Was told by a personal friend of his he had a massive row with Lam about game time he was first choice prop with Singleton last season .Clarke scored tries against Huddersfield both games very little game time. Clubb if rumour has it he had the same argument with Lam same as Bullock. His team selection needs a lot to be desired playing players out of position this forum has loads of threads about this .This forum if any body puts a word out of place they get jumped on .Not posting any more done with this site been on a long time.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

In my opinion the big part of the problem we are in is the Lam's bloody mindedness. If he makes a decision that is surprising to most people and it doesn't come off he will not change his mind admit the fact and try something else . He just digs his heels in . The Hastings to full back instead of trying Hanley first comes to mind as does the Bullock , Clarke and refusing to play a hooker if Powell is not available . The man won't put his hand up and admit it didn't work or say I got it wrong .

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:11 am In my opinion the big part of the problem we are in is the Lam's bloody mindedness. If he makes a decision that is surprising to most people and it doesn't come off he will not change his mind admit the fact and try something else . He just digs his heels in . The Hastings to full back instead of trying Hanley first comes to mind as does the Bullock , Clarke and refusing to play a hooker if Powell is not available . The man won't put his hand up and admit it didn't work or say I got it wrong .

Regards EW
we keep getting told on here he’s not picking the team though
The Yonner

Post by The Yonner »

If what appears inevitable happens and we get a replacement coach, I wouldn't be getting carried away thinking all the problems will be resolved.

There are deeper problems with the club management which will not go away.

First is the lack of ambition in player recruitment, where there is too much reliance on B-list players from Australia in combination with "home grown" young players. In my view far too much faith has been invested in players like Smithies, Partington, Havard and Smith, who after showing initial promise have become fully exposed as not good enough this season. Only Byrne and Shorrocks are still on an upward curve from what I have seen, and there is no guarantee they will make the required improvements.

Scrum half and hooker positions must be occupied by leading players in the competition if we are to have any chance of the trophies, yet we are told it is club management who are telling the coach to persevere with the current incumbents despite the glaring deficiencies in their games.

I think it will take the rumoured change of ownership to sort out these fundamentals.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Got to this thread this morning, and ten new pages!

You'll forgive me if I don't read them all (although many threads would be a lot shorter if people could delete irrelevant quotes-within-quotes, which take up so much room and make threads hard to read; it's a shame the quote feature isn't limited to one iteration back, if you know what I mean, as it is on many sites).

Seems clear to me: if he's picking the team and tactics, he should go. if he's not picking the team and tactics, he should walk.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:07 pm Got to this thread this morning, and ten new pages!

You'll forgive me if I don't read them all (although many threads would be a lot shorter if people could delete irrelevant quotes-within-quotes, which take up so much room and make threads hard to read; it's a shame the quote feature isn't limited to one iteration back, if you know what I mean, as it is on many sites).

Seems clear to me: if he's picking the team and tactics, he should go. if he's not picking the team and tactics, he should walk.
I do try & keep on top of this as sometimes there are several quotes, as you say in one post.

I also delete a quoted post when it is obvious that it is being replied to. 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
moto748 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:07 pm Got to this thread this morning, and ten new pages!

I do try & keep on top of this as sometimes there are several quotes, as you say in one post.

I also delete a quoted post when it is obvious that it is being replied to. [emoji4]
Why do you do that? Only the top part of a quote shows up in the message list so you aren’t saving any space even when there are several quotes. Waste of time.

If you aren’t just doing this for your own posts I also think it’s bad form editing other people’s messages.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:11 pm
josie andrews wrote:

I also delete a quoted post when it is obvious that it is being replied to. [emoji4]
Why do you do that? Only the top part of a quote shows up in the message list so you aren’t saving any space even when there are several quotes. Waste of time.

If you aren’t just doing this for your own posts I also think it’s bad form editing other people’s messages.
Well you do something about them then Dave! I understand what moto is saying though. I have never edited a post after several quotes anyway. Just my own when it is the leading post there is no need to quote it on the first reply because the reply is to what I’ve posted!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:11 pm
josie andrews wrote: I do try & keep on top of this as sometimes there are several quotes, as you say in one post.

Well you do something about them then Dave! I understand what moto is saying though. I have never edited a post after several quotes anyway. Just my own when it is the leading post there is no need to quote it on the first reply because the reply is to what I’ve posted!
Well I will often only quote the bit of interest but even if people don’t do that, what’s the problem? I don’t see the issue at all because I said you can only see a small part of any post that has a long quote.