Lam Out!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Lam Out!

Post by Barney841 »

We don’t want Lam as coach anymore, that’s a fact.
No matter how you word it, resent , hate, dislike, loathe him it still ends up the same. We don’t want him in the job anymore!!
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Thing is, nobody knows for certain what is happening behind the scenes. This season is turning into a disaster! The playing squad, management and coaching staff are not significantly different from winning the LLS in 2020!

I certainly don't hate Lam at all, it's an enigma as it stands because we don't have clarification from the people who matter.

I'm just hoping for the best. Either way, I would presume lots are taking place in prep for next season.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:26 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:04 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:44 am Current situation - No announcement has been made that Lam will be leaving at the end of the season simply because there is now a possibility they part ways before. Where as at the time I got the info about the announcement this was not the case. It would not shock me at all if he goes Tuesday morning after another lacklustre embarrassing performance.

Some of you may say the above is obvious and it is really. But thats the reason as to no announcement, there have now been discussions (not involving lam) about a plan if he is relieved of his duties before the end of the season.
Dan I was told lam had a meeting on Friday morning that got heated. And that he is definitely going before end of season regardless of results. Have you not heard anything about this?

Im not saying you are wrong…. But I was led to believe that meeting wasn't a meeting as such, it was the team debrief that happens after every game. It did get heated but it often does.

As far as I am aware, Lam has been told weeks ago his contract is not being renewed, but there is a small whisper that his contract runs out prior to the play offs commencing.
Team meeting was on Thursday. This took place yesterday
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Hatred?

Seriously you need to have a look at yourself.

No hatred from me, not even close. As I said, I don't actually blame Lam at all.

Yes he is out of his depth, but you can't blame him for accepting the position when offered, or sticking with it when an extension was granted.

If anything I feel sorry for him. It's his livelihood at the end of the day.
Mike.Thorley

Post by Mike.Thorley »

Don't know much about the people on here, personally think Lam has had it tough, pandemic injuries and god only knows what is happening behind closed doors, as i said at the begining don't know about the people or their quailifications , does anyone have the relevant papers to be a coach, if so will listen to what you have to say , then ask why has no one here applied for the job
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:34 pm Hatred?

Seriously you need to have a look at yourself.

No hatred from me, not even close. As I said, I don't actually blame Lam at all.

Yes he is out of his depth, but you can't blame him for accepting the position when offered, or sticking with it when an extension was granted.

If anything I feel sorry for him. It's his livelihood at the end of the day.
Well said 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike.Thorley wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:15 pm Don't know much about the people on here, personally think Lam has had it tough, pandemic injuries and god only knows what is happening behind closed doors, as i said at the begining don't know about the people or their quailifications , does anyone have the relevant papers to be a coach, if so will listen to what you have to say , then ask why has no one here applied for the job

Good one Mike 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Mike.Thorley wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:15 pm Don't know much about the people on here, personally think Lam has had it tough, pandemic injuries and god only knows what is happening behind closed doors, as i said at the begining don't know about the people or their quailifications , does anyone have the relevant papers to be a coach, if so will listen to what you have to say , then ask why has no one here applied for the job
So your basically saying we aren’t qualified to give our OPINIONS?
No point in this forum then.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:58 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:26 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:04 pm

Dan I was told lam had a meeting on Friday morning that got heated. And that he is definitely going before end of season regardless of results. Have you not heard anything about this?

Im not saying you are wrong…. But I was led to believe that meeting wasn't a meeting as such, it was the team debrief that happens after every game. It did get heated but it often does.

As far as I am aware, Lam has been told weeks ago his contract is not being renewed, but there is a small whisper that his contract runs out prior to the play offs commencing.
Team meeting was on Thursday. This took place yesterday
If thats the case Ive heard nothing then….
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike.Thorley wrote:Don't know much about the people on here, personally think Lam has had it tough, pandemic injuries and god only knows what is happening behind closed doors, as i said at the begining don't know about the people or their quailifications , does anyone have the relevant papers to be a coach, if so will listen to what you have to say , then ask why has no one here applied for the job
Probably not in answer to your questions re qualifications but what’s you point? No need to answer, you don’t have one. Normally i’d explain why but i’ve given up on answering such a stupid question.