We missed Sam Powell Tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
blindsideprop

Re: We missed Sam Powell Tonight

Post by blindsideprop »

Wes wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:37 pm
moto748 wrote:We didn't miss Powell. Shorrocks does 90% of what Powell does, even though he's not a dummy-half. Lam clearly doesn't trust Bourouh (or O'Neil?) defensively. Dummy-half is way down our list of problems, though, well behind no go-forward, and clumsy, laboured, ineffective attack.
Shorrocks doesn’t have the experience to offer anywhere near what Powell does. He won’t command anywhere near the same amount of respect from his peers.

Powell should be our next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powell captain?,thats all we need, we are sinking fast as it is.
Alovepie

Post by Alovepie »

The only thing missing is a game plan.
Wes

Post by Wes »

blindsideprop wrote:
Wes wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:37 pm
moto748 wrote:We didn't miss Powell. Shorrocks does 90% of what Powell does, even though he's not a dummy-half. Lam clearly doesn't trust Bourouh (or O'Neil?) defensively. Dummy-half is way down our list of problems, though, well behind no go-forward, and clumsy, laboured, ineffective attack.
Shorrocks doesn’t have the experience to offer anywhere near what Powell does. He won’t command anywhere near the same amount of respect from his peers.

Powell should be our next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powell captain?,thats all we need, we are sinking fast as it is.
Because our current captain is amazing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Sad to say but Amir did not cover himself in glory in the six minutes that he was on the field. It was right to take him out of the firing line. Unfortunately the club is in a hole of it's own making and having to hang youngsters out to dry.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Levrier wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:48 am Sad to say but Amir did not cover himself in glory in the six minutes that he was on the field. It was right to take him out of the firing line. Unfortunately the club is in a hole of it's own making and having to hang youngsters out to dry.
Its up to the coach and he is not doing that.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Wes wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:18 pm End of.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but it gave me a good laugh to think there are some deluded fans who think that Sam Powell at his absolute best and utterly creative pomp would have made one iota of difference to such a rambling shambolic mess of a collection of strangers that just so happen to wear the same coloured shirts

As for captain, we should be looking to inter-change him more often so that we actually do have players to cover, than stupidly (almost blindly) expecting him to play 80 minutes every game with little impact. That role is for the person who should be captain and Powell is not that man
Back by demand.
presma4

Post by presma4 »

when will fans realise that powell is nothing more than a average player who wouldnt have made a scrap of difference against saints thats coz they have a class hooker who is 10x the player powell will ever be

i ask all those who think powell is a good player would powell get into any of the the top 6 clubs as hooker

not at saints wire cas hull kr hullfc or leeds

those clubs some on them have 2 hookers better than powell

and to think we let micky mac go for him laughable
Wes

Post by Wes »

buttmonkey2 wrote:
Wes wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:18 pm End of.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but it gave me a good laugh to think there are some deluded fans who think that Sam Powell at his absolute best and utterly creative pomp would have made one iota of difference to such a rambling shambolic mess of a collection of strangers that just so happen to wear the same coloured shirts

As for captain, we should be looking to inter-change him more often so that we actually do have players to cover, than stupidly (almost blindly) expecting him to play 80 minutes every game with little impact. That role is for the person who should be captain and Powell is not that man
Hold yourself in high regards calling fans deluded, hope it’s come up their on that there high horse[emoji1751]

Here in is the problem with our fans your all bitching at others for holding opinions rather than being constructive.

The amount of people on here that have slammed my opinion of Powell is a joke. He’s under rated by fans and that’s ok but it doesn’t make him a bad player.

Last 3 games, no Powell, no wins[emoji1745] go figure.

Wes

Post by Wes »

presma4 wrote:when will fans realise that powell is nothing more than a average player who wouldnt have made a scrap of difference against saints thats coz they have a class hooker who is 10x the player powell will ever be

i ask all those who think powell is a good player would powell get into any of the the top 6 clubs as hooker

Stats for Powell and Roby are very similar this season.

pedro

Post by pedro »

Wes wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:38 pm
presma4 wrote:when will fans realise that powell is nothing more than a average player who wouldnt have made a scrap of difference against saints thats coz they have a class hooker who is 10x the player powell will ever be

Stats for Powell and Roby are very similar this season.

all that shows is that stats are useless....