Bullock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Bullock

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Has he officially signed for Wire? I haven't seen it anywhere officially announced yet everyone is talking about it. He's the only forward with any sort of go forward and should be starting prop alongside singleton for my money.

I have a nasty feeling if he is on his way to wire, they will build him back up fitness wise and he will become a very very good prop. Not so much skills wise, just very good, old fashioned, hard running big front row forward who can make the hard yards.
Wes

Re: Bullock

Post by Wes »

For 10 minutes a game? He’s never really run his weight! He shouldn’t be far off producing similar to Walmsley week in week out with his size and frame but he ain’t got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

He's clearly good enough for the team currently, which makes it questionable why we've created a situation where he wants to leave. I expect Wire to get out of him what we hoped to but never could.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I agree, Bullock has the size and weight, no doubt and his debut season was quality.

My feelings are, if he's off to Wire next season, how much spark/enthusiasm remains in him? Although that could equally apply to other within the squad.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Whilst I don’t think he’s reached his potential I think some comments about him are a bit harsh. It’s not his fault he only gets played for 10 minutes. He was the only forward yesterday that made any kind of meters in contact. For sure he will kick on at Warrington, lams got a lot to answer for in regards to players not playing as well as they can.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:49 pm Has he officially signed for Wire? I haven't seen it anywhere officially announced yet everyone is talking about it. He's the only forward with any sort of go forward and should be starting prop alongside singleton for my money.

I have a nasty feeling if he is on his way to wire, they will build him back up fitness wise and he will become a very very good prop. Not so much skills wise, just very good, old fashioned, hard running big front row forward who can make the hard yards.
He’s signed for Wire, they are playing him £40k more than Wigan offered.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wes wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:32 pm For 10 minutes a game? He’s never really run his weight! He shouldn’t be far off producing similar to Walmsley week in week out with his size and frame but he ain’t got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nearly Similar to walmsley

Christ on a bike
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Sadly Bullock has never reached the heights that we thought he could and I suppose that's got to be down to both him and our coaching staff to varying degrees. I'd expect him to start well at wire and then his form will slide again, he strikes me as that type of player. You can't blame him for moving if the quote about his wages is correct.
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

I agree with w.thomas, Bullock was the best go forward player against Saints. It has been criminal the way he has been used, what is the point of these cameo appearances he didn't even get to come back on after his 15mins or so, it's infuriating.
We insist on playing boys against men when we have Bullock and Clark doing nothing, they are at least men who have the size to front up to the opposition men. Some don't rate Bullock, that's their opinion, but how can we judge someone who has had all the confidence kicked out of him because he knows he is more or less the last choice who may get 10-15 mins to give one of the teachers pets a breather.
The team management both on and off the field leaves a lot to be desired, selections are mind boggling. Time for a revamp, out with the old and in with the new. A puppeteer not a puppet in charge of the team, someone who is his own man who can instil confidence and a return to a Wigan brand of play that we all yearn for.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We do seem to be trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a differentt outcome. Yet when forced to play out of favour forwards they stand out as effective, and yet are not given more opportunities. Both Bullock and Clarke looked more effective at go-forward than the majority of the kids when they are on. We mus be prioritising defence over attack in selections, but that is leading to a side that looks totally incapable of scoring points, and is tedious to watch because of that. How can we win if we have a good defence but no attack? At least with some go forward we'd have a change to score.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐