Manfredi Interview

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
boggart

Manfredi Interview

Post by boggart »

I've just watched Kris Radlinski talking to Dom Manfredi.

I just didn't like the way Radlinski tried to bully Dom into drinking the minute quantity of pretty mediocre whisky he'd been given.

A sponsor, yes, but is it compulsory that players are obliged to like their product. I don't think so.

Radlinski needs to get over himself. He's not the high-powered business executive he thinks he is. He's not smart enough. He needs to understand that he has overseen a pretty average period in the history of Wigan RLFC, not a huge amount to be proud of.

Oh yes, and the new badge is rubbish. No class, looks like a primary school pupil won a competition with it.

Part of Radlinski's new thrusting modern image forthe club I assume. Mediocre.
ddtftf

Re: Manfredi Interview

Post by ddtftf »

Totally agree the badge is terrible spoils a good shirt & its time we changed the player entrance music boring now
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

ddtftf wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:41 pm Totally agree the badge is terrible spoils a good shirt & its time we changed the player entrance music boring now
Badge had grown on me, still prefer the old one but not opposed to the current one
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I was an advocate of the new crest on the basis it would 1), generate cash, 2), increase the gate. Whether its worked or not, no idea?

I'd happily have the crest from 2003, traditional with 'WIGAN R.L.'

Widnes Vikings have released a third shirt thus season with the traditional logo on the left and modern on the right.

Personally I'd like something retro and to acknowledge 150 years for next seasons kits! Surely the club will use this to their advantage too!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:10 pm I was an advocate of the new crest on the basis it would 1), generate cash, 2), increase the gate. Whether its worked or not, no idea?

I'd happily have the crest from 2003, traditional with 'WIGAN R.L.'

Widnes Vikings have released a third shirt thus season with the traditional logo on the left and modern on the right.

Personally I'd like something retro and to acknowledge 150 years for next seasons kits! Surely the club will use this to their advantage too!
Leigh have done the same.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

boggart wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:59 pm I've just watched Kris Radlinski talking to Dom Manfredi.

I just didn't like the way Radlinski tried to bully Dom into drinking the minute quantity of pretty mediocre whisky he'd been given.

A sponsor, yes, but is it compulsory that players are obliged to like their product. I don't think so.

Radlinski needs to get over himself. He's not the high-powered business executive he thinks he is. He's not smart enough. He needs to understand that he has overseen a pretty average period in the history of Wigan RLFC, not a huge amount to be proud of.

Oh yes, and the new badge is rubbish. No class, looks like a primary school pupil won a competition with it.

I didn’t like it either! It appeared to be a bullying tactic from Rads! Dom hardly drinks anyway but to force whisky on him was in bad taste!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:19 am
boggart wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:59 pm I've just watched Kris Radlinski talking to Dom Manfredi.

I didn’t like it either! It appeared to be a bullying tactic from Rads! Dom hardly drinks anyway but to force whisky on him was in bad taste!
We said the same when we saw the video tgat Radlinksi was coming on a bit strong,not everyone likes the stuff I know I don’t