Mr Lenagan, speak to us please!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Tricky Dicky1

Re: Mr Lenagan, speak to us please!

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

To be fair to Mr Lenagan he has done his bit.

he has continued to sign players and provide the funds to do so.

We have 2 marquee players, he retained hastings and french, brought Bateman back, tried to bring williams back. Covid has been a hard period for the whole world.

The coaching situation at the moment is dire.

Our attack has been garbage but this has been caused by a poor pack that lacks size and go forward. We are clearly a mid table team this year having not beaten any of the top opposition.

The future of the sport is in the balance and we are in a position we are not used to finding ourselves.

The coaching situation may not be able to be revealed for next year as Lammy or the players may not have yet been told his deal isnt being renewed.

Noble only announced he had been released after the last game of the season.

I suspect this will be the same with Lammy.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Excellent summation of the current state of affairs at Wigan.
Let's hope that the Club issue a statement to settle the fans nerves, because the longer things go on as they are doing at present, the more disheartening it is to the fans
Come on Messer's Lenegan and Radlinski provide the fans with some encouraging news of how the Club is going to move forward.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Has nothing come from IL in the match day brochure there's normally a chairman update in that?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:04 pm Has nothing come from IL in the match day brochure there's normally a chairman update in that?
It was there,a short one this week can’t remember what he said though in it
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:04 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:04 pm Has nothing come from IL in the match day brochure there's normally a chairman update in that?
Last person out of the club turn the lights off?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wintergreen wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:11 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:04 pm
Last person out of the club turn the lights off?
I subscribe to the view that unless there's something to announce we don't have to have comments on rumours, however I'm sure there must be someone at the club aware of the damage this season will do to season ticket sales and attendance next year.

I understand covid as an issue it's why after last year I still bough at ST but the way we play is so poor that if the set up is the same next year I'm an looking at not bothering, not because we are losing but of how poor we are.

Under Wane most of the time we so a half time reaction and the team could make breaks despite the pack, Marshall/budgie/Davis all looked like world beaters now though? The team has no plan, no confidence and look like a group going through the motions.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We will buy our season tickets regardless, but I can’t imagine that IL is oblivious to the narrative around the club at the moment. The single best thing he can do is find a good new coach, as there is a lot of talent in the squad, but Lam is completely out of his depth. When Maguire replaced Noble, he transformed the squad he inherited through the best conditioning and superb organisation. It is the gap between the potential and the reality that is most annoying for many of us. No way should that group of players produce such an abject performance. I would have put Lam out of his misery already, as we still have some games which we could win without him. Tbh, I would be happy if he made made Hastings player coach - it worked out fine with George Fairburn.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

So will I 😊🏉🍒⚪️❤️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:40 am To be fair to Mr Lenagan he has done his bit.

he has continued to sign players and provide the funds to do so.

We have 2 marquee players, he retained hastings and french, brought Bateman back, tried to bring williams back. Covid has been a hard period for the whole world.

The coaching situation at the moment is dire.

Our attack has been garbage but this has been caused by a poor pack that lacks size and go forward. We are clearly a mid table team this year having not beaten any of the top opposition.

The future of the sport is in the balance and we are in a position we are not used to finding ourselves.

The coaching situation may not be able to be revealed for next year as Lammy or the players may not have yet been told his deal isnt being renewed.

Noble only announced he had been released after the last game of the season.

I suspect this will be the same with Lammy.
They are all well aware of the coaching situation for 2022, including Lam.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Good post. The club needs to be as open as it can with what our situation is now, including constraints we're working within, and it medium term strategy. We don't hear anything about that stuff. It's difficult to share some of that without revealing too much of your hand to your competitors and potential recruits, but it must be possible to set the current situation in context.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐