Mr Lenagan, speak to us please!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Mr Lenagan, speak to us please!

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:39 pm Good post. The club needs to be as open as it can with what our situation is now, including constraints we're working within, and it medium term strategy. We don't hear anything about that stuff. It's difficult to share some of that without revealing too much of your hand to your competitors and potential recruits, but it must be possible to set the current situation in context.
It’s the fact that they say nothing..at all that gets up my nose.

We are not asking for chapter and verse but an idea of what the plan is.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:Good post. The club needs to be as open as it can with what our situation is now, including constraints we're working within, and it medium term strategy. We don't hear anything about that stuff. It's difficult to share some of that without revealing too much of your hand to your competitors and potential recruits, but it must be possible to set the current situation in context.
I can’t see them doing that. It begs the questions what is the club doing to alleviate those constraints and why are other clubs not suffering similar constraints?

I don’t think many fans would find it acceptable that Wigan are not currently able to compete financially with other clubs if that is what the current situation is.
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:39 am Fan4fifty Why don’t you send this to the club? A very good summation of fans feelings.

It’s okay all of us making comments, complaining about everything. The only person I know in the upper management that reads or at least he used to read is Kris Radlinski.

Send this in a letter or email addressed to Mr Lenagan signed with your own name & not the name you use on here.

I’ve never hid who I am. What I say on here or anywhere has always had my own name. So if sending any correspondence to the club, be who you are. Not some faceless name who they can’t reply to.
Thank you, Josie, for the suggestion. I'll be sending it in by letter on Monday with a few small tweaks.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

St Helens release a centre and sign a 6ft 3inch 16 stone fast powerful replacement Wonga Blake in comparison we sign Thornley says it all and their other centre for next year is Conrad Hurrell I hate to say this but we are stuffed next year too and i dread seeing the crowd numbers
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ddtftf wrote:St Helens release a centre and sign a 6ft 3inch 16 stone fast powerful replacement Wonga Blake in comparison we sign Thornley says it all and their other centre for next year is Conrad Hurrell I hate to say this but we are stuffed next year too and i dread seeing the crowd numbers
Even if Saints don’t confirm Hurrell that sums up neatly with what is wrong at Wigan at the moment and why you won’t hear the club addressing fans concerns over recruitment. They would have to defend doing a worse job than Saints.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:55 pm
ddtftf wrote:St Helens release a centre and sign a 6ft 3inch 16 stone fast powerful replacement Wonga Blake in comparison we sign Thornley says it all and their other centre for next year is Conrad Hurrell I hate to say this but we are stuffed next year too and i dread seeing the crowd numbers
Even if Saints don’t confirm Hurrell that sums up neatly with what is wrong at Wigan at the moment and why you won’t hear the club addressing fans concerns over recruitment. They would have to defend doing a worse job than Saints.
Hurrell'sa joke though. Its hilarious they are signing him. They aren't able to replace quality with quality either.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

Hurrell is being signed to play 2nd row to replace Bentley
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Could you imagine the uproar on here if we’d signed an aging centre to replace one of our young second rowers we’d just lost to a rival?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

ddtftf wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:21 pm St Helens release a centre and sign a 6ft 3inch 16 stone fast powerful replacement Wonga Blake in comparison we sign Thornley says it all and their other centre for next year is Conrad Hurrell I hate to say this but we are stuffed next year too and i dread seeing the crowd numbers
Do you mean Hopoate?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

He's no Blake!