They looked liked a group of mates that had gone out on the field....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: They looked liked a group of mates that had gone out on the field....

Post by nathan_rugby »

Every bit about what was said is true and is what most on here have been saying.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Points to consider from the article:

"Toothless in attack and ill-disciplined", you can't dispute this at all!

For me, I'm frustrated by the PR and social media (from the club and players), highlighting the significance of the derby (beforehand) and then putting in that performance. The scoreline at FT reads generous!

I can't say I'm surprised by lack of creativity or frustrated by the over aggression, but the lack of sheer passion and desire was a total letdown! I say aggression, but it was reckless!

The playing roster isn't worlds apart from the 2020 LLS squad and as much as it is unrecognised as a major prize, you generally don't win in through good luck but sheer consistency.

I've been a firm supporter of Lam since his arrival, I don't know where I stand currently.

I have to ask the following,

- Does Lam and the players know he is out at the end of the year (and If so what effect has it had on the dressing room)?

- Is Lam hindered by KR and IL and as some suggest Matty Peet selecting teams?

- Is Lam making the best of a depleted squad with significant injuries, resulting in him being experimental with matchday team selections?

I've said frequently we could have signed a SIGNIFICANTLY more experienced coach, but I don't think 2019 or 2020 was a disaster at all (especially after the 2020 GF performance).

I will say two selections which baffle me are Hastings at FB and the exclusion of Clark. Clark has contributed well when playing and Jackson only really looked reasonable at FB V Wire (A).

What's happening behind closed doors makes me wonder. Is it as simple as 2021 is the season where Lam has been found out?

If we lose all our remaining fixtures (and it's a hard run in), clarity is need otherwise I fear ST renewals will not be so grand for 2022 (which would be a shame for our 150th season).
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Surely IL most be taking note of what the commentary box have said and what the papers are saying?
A proper owner would act. Lam should be gone now! Or gone if we lose to Leeds.
People are saying it’s as bad as it gets but it isn’t.
Get a good coach behind the boys with a GAME PLAN and things will change.