Wigan squad to face Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan squad to face Leeds

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam names the Wigan Warriors squad to take on Leeds on Wednesday.

Brad Singleton returns to the squad following his ban.

Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos, Wednesday 25th August, DW Stadium, K.O. 7:45pm. Buy your tickets NOW!

Brad Singleton returns to the Wigan Warriors squad as Adrian Lam names his players for Wednesday’s Retro Round clash against Leeds Rhinos.

Retro Round is coming to the DW Stadium this week as Wigan host Leeds in a game where all ticket prices revert back to 1995 when the Club was based at Central Park.

Tickets for the Round 21 clash on 25th August (7:45pm K.O.) are on sale and it costs just £10 for Adults (Over-16s) and only £5 for Under-16s. Get your tickets now by clicking HERE.

Team news

There’s a return for Brad Singleton this week after he served his three-match ban for a Grade C (Punching) offence in Wigan’s Round 17 fixture against Leigh at the start of August.

Sam Powell may be added to the squad – subject to completing a medical assessment later today. The hooker suffered concussion in the opening two minute against Hull KR in Round 22 and was left out of the squad that faced St Helens last week.

Willie Isa is not named in the squad due to pending disciplinary action from the RFL match review panel, following the game against St Helens on Friday.

Injury news

As confirmed last week, captain Thomas Leuluai will miss the rest of the 2021 season after suffering a hamstring tear.

Bevan French continues to recovery back home in Australia from a long-term hamstring injury.

Wigan Warriors squad to face Leeds:

3. Zak Hardaker
4. Oliver Gildart
5. Liam Marshall
6. Jai Field
8. Brad Singleton
10. Joe Bullock
12. Liam Farrell
13. John Bateman
14. Oliver Partington
15. Morgan Smithies
19. Liam Byrne
20. Harry Smith
21. Ethan Havard
22. Jake Bibby
23. Mitch Clark
25. Joe Shorrocks
27. Kai Pearce-Paul
31. Jackson Hastings
33. Amir Bourouh

Next up for the Warriors is Leeds Rhinos in Retro Round at the DW Stadium on Wednesday 25th August (7:45pm K.O.). All ticket prices revert back to 1995 when the Club was based at Central Park and it costs just £10 for Adults (Over-16s) and only £5 for Under-16s.

Get your tickets now by clicking HERE, by heading down to the DW Stadium Ticket Office (open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or by calling 01942 311111.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/08/ ... ace-leeds/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Wigan squad to face Leeds

Post by josie andrews »

I just hope they give a couple of the young lads a rest & have the others on the bench!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Rest Smith
Rest shorocks
Bibby to centre with Hanley or Halsall? On the wing
Harvard rested

I'd say Rest KPP but if Bateman plays put him loose to Rest shorrocks

Some may disagree but with TL also out we are going to miss Isa and that wing will be targeted
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

KPP looked completely done in Friday it’s time to rest him,so I’ll expect him to be the first name on the team sheet.

Given the grubby nature of Isa swinging arm into Welsby I’d be amazed if he gets away without a lengthy ban so no wonder he’s not named
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:09 pm Rest Smith
Rest shorocks
Harvard rested

Some may disagree but with TL also out we are going to miss Isa and that wing will be targeted
Isa should be sectioned by the club for his actions the other night.
He knows the club are struggling at the moment with confidence and injuries. He should have more maturity and experience about him then the way he acted against saints
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Barney841 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:23 pm
Rest shorocks
Harvard rested

He knows the club are struggling at the moment with confidence and injuries. He should have more maturity and experience about him then the way he acted against saints
Field fullback….. gilly and zak centres….. that to me looks a stronger set up that wont get targeted
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:26 pm
Rest shorocks
Harvard rested

Field fullback….. gilly and zak centres….. that to me looks a stronger set up that wont get targeted
We don’t know how good field is at the back though?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:03 pm Adrian Lam names the Wigan Warriors squad to take on Leeds on Wednesday.

Brad Singleton returns to the squad following his ban.

Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos, Wednesday 25th August, DW Stadium, K.O. 7:45pm. Buy your tickets NOW!

Brad Singleton returns to the Wigan Warriors squad as Adrian Lam names his players for Wednesday’s Retro Round clash against Leeds Rhinos.

Retro Round is coming to the DW Stadium this week as Wigan host Leeds in a game where all ticket prices revert back to 1995 when the Club was based at Central Park.

Tickets for the Round 21 clash on 25th August (7:45pm K.O.) are on sale and it costs just £10 for Adults (Over-16s) and only £5 for Under-16s. Get your tickets now by clicking HERE.

Team news

There’s a return for Brad Singleton this week after he served his three-match ban for a Grade C (Punching) offence in Wigan’s Round 17 fixture against Leigh at the start of August.

Sam Powell may be added to the squad – subject to completing a medical assessment later today. The hooker suffered concussion in the opening two minute against Hull KR in Round 22 and was left out of the squad that faced St Helens last week.

Willie Isa is not named in the squad due to pending disciplinary action from the RFL match review panel, following the game against St Helens on Friday.

Injury news

As confirmed last week, captain Thomas Leuluai will miss the rest of the 2021 season after suffering a hamstring tear.

Bevan French continues to recovery back home in Australia from a long-term hamstring injury.

Wigan Warriors squad to face Leeds:

3. Zak Hardaker
4. Oliver Gildart
5. Liam Marshall
6. Jai Field
8. Brad Singleton
10. Joe Bullock
12. Liam Farrell
13. John Bateman
14. Oliver Partington
15. Morgan Smithies
19. Liam Byrne
20. Harry Smith
21. Ethan Havard
22. Jake Bibby
23. Mitch Clark
25. Joe Shorrocks
27. Kai Pearce-Paul
31. Jackson Hastings
33. Amir Bourouh

Next up for the Warriors is Leeds Rhinos in Retro Round at the DW Stadium on Wednesday 25th August (7:45pm K.O.). All ticket prices revert back to 1995 when the Club was based at Central Park and it costs just £10 for Adults (Over-16s) and only £5 for Under-16s.

Get your tickets now by clicking HERE, by heading down to the DW Stadium Ticket Office (open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or by calling 01942 311111.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/08/ ... ace-leeds/
Didn’t KITDF say he spoke to him the other day?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:38 pm
Firestarter wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:26 pm

We don’t know how good field is at the back though?
Only one way find out fozzie…. I know hes a better link fullback than zak but can he defend?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Field is a doubt, hopefully he'll be fit enough to play.