Wigan squad to face Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: Wigan squad to face Leeds

Post by Wintergreen »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:16 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:11 pm I will say it again, it's not Lam's fault. He is just out of his depth.

Two people have caused this (perhaps 3 if you believe KR is not just IL's puppet).

IL and SE .
Bollocks. We reached the grand final last year, won the shield… wasn't out of his depth then.

Its not all his fault but the majority of it is.
So you honestly think Lam is a first grade coach?

He was never that. Even he would admit it.

The Wigan job was pushed into his hands because of imbecilic business sense from IL and lack of integrity from SE.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I didn't go, Although I'm a STH and the weather was good. And i got some new glasses for improved long-distance vision specially on Monday. :D But I still didn't go. I thought it would be awful, and we;d probably get nilled, and...

I listened to the first half with Joe and Bilko, and went down the pub to watch the second half. Tellingly, I thought, there were only a couple of us properly watching the game. Normally most of the pub would have their eyes trained on the screens, but not tonight.

I think Hastings deserves a medal.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wintergreen wrote:I will say it again, it's not Lam's fault. He is just out of his depth.

Two people have caused this (perhaps 3 if you believe KR is not just IL's puppet).

IL and SE .
If SE is referring to Shaun Edwards how can it be his fault three seasons down the line from that debacle?

If Lam is out of his depth it’s all down to IL for keeping him in post.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wintergreen wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:21 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:16 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:11 pm I will say it again, it's not Lam's fault. He is just out of his depth.

IL and SE .
Bollocks. We reached the grand final last year, won the shield… wasn't out of his depth then.

Its not all his fault but the majority of it is.
So you honestly think Lam is a first grade coach?

He was never that. Even he would admit it.

The Wigan job was pushed into his hands because of imbecilic business sense from IL and lack of integrity from SE.
If Lenegan hadn’t woken up one morning with the barn pot idea of appointing a coach who’d not coached any rl for decades then compound it by waiting year it’s little wonder this mess is happening
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

DaveO wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:26 pm
Wintergreen wrote:I will say it again, it's not Lam's fault. He is just out of his depth.

IL and SE .
If SE is referring to Shaun Edwards how can it be his fault three seasons down the line from that debacle?

SE is indeed Shaun Edwards.

Lam was only ever supposed to be a temporary fix a "throw it about, play an entertaining style and keep the fans entertained with rugby, if not trophies" until Shaun Edwards takes over next year.

After the shambles that ensued, Lam was given the job full time.

The whole saga prevented us from appointing a decent coach to replace Wane and ultimately has led to our current position.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:I didn't go, Although I'm a STH and the weather was good. And i got some new glasses for improved long-distance vision specially on Monday. :D But I still didn't go. I thought it would be awful, and we;d probably get nilled, and...

I listened to the first half with Joe and Bilko, and went down the pub to watch the second half. Tellingly, I thought, there were only a couple of us properly watching the game. Normally most of the pub would have their eyes trained on the screens, but not tonight.

I think Hastings deserves a medal.
I didn’t go either. Seriously contemplating not going again while Lam remains as coach. Not driving from Chester to watch identical performances to this which is all we will get until he’s gone.

I want to support the team but there needs to be some enjoyment at the game and this is masochism.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Few years back I was driving (or riding) from Wiltshire for most home games. In the bad old Shaun Wane era.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wintergreen wrote:
DaveO wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:26 pm

IL and SE .

SE is indeed Shaun Edwards.

Lam was only ever supposed to be a temporary fix a "throw it about, play an entertaining style and keep the fans entertained with rugby, if not trophies" until Shaun Edwards takes over next year.

After the shambles that ensued, Lam was given the job full time.

The whole saga prevented us from appointing a decent coach to replace Wane and ultimately has led to our current position.
That’s the sequence of events but the fault lies with IL. It was his fault he didn’t get Edwards to sign a contract but once Edwards knocked back the offer the decision to continue with Lam for that season and then crucially beyond on this ludicrous one year rolling contract basis was IL’s.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

DaveO wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:33 pm Seriously contemplating not going again while Lam remains as coach.
Me too.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

ManxWarrior wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:07 pm
Dan2266 wrote:
widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:00 pm Field?
Gildart?
Bateman?
NRL standard players?
Gildart will get bullied over there. No doubt about it. Thats if he makes the squad.
Gildart looks like he can’t be bothered and just wants to avoid another injury before going to the NRL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely ……. He cant be arsed and spends most time huffing and puffing hands on hips
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE