Wigan squad to face Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Wigan squad to face Leeds

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:26 pm Was just told this afternoon by someone who was sat low down in the South Stand that Lockers was really giving it to the players behind the sticks! Must be bad if he is losing his rag with the players!
Lockers never shouted when he was captain so it must have been bad. Personally, I would have sent Waney out to have a word.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:30 am Long walk back to the Premier Inn with only a bag of chips for company :lol: never mind it can only get better . Wonder what the chips are like in Cas . Only one way to find out . See you Monday in Castleford :D

Regards EW
I like your Moxy....bless you :lol: :lol:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Lockers or anyone can give to to the players behind the sticks but it needs someone to tell Lam what the problem is.
Trouble for all of them in the coaching set up is, their verbals are directed at the wrong people.
Start with who selects the squad.
The daft sod who sent out an "A" team pack to play Saints!
Then who comes up with the crackpot game plan where we kick long and try to out chase teams who've played four or five games less than us.
We need to slow the game down to our pace, don't they realise this? Do they know how to do it? I bloody well hope so.
Leeds are poor, so to give them a helping hand we leave our three most experienced props in the stand.
You couldn't make it up.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:26 pm Was just told this afternoon by someone who was sat low down in the South Stand that Lockers was really giving it to the players behind the sticks! Must be bad if he is losing his rag with the players!
I knew there would be issues when Lockers hung up his boots but not this bad,why was no plan in place for him going?

Ridiculous really I know players such as him do t come along often but to just drift along as he headed into retirement was madness
I and I am sure other mentioned it literally years ago and questioned what the club was going to do but the IL fan club stuck their fingers in their ears.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

So the club should have just magicked up a Lockers replacement from somewhere? Would would that have been, then?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:10 am So the club should have just magicked up a Lockers replacement from somewhere? Would would that have been, then?
No one has said that,frankly he’s not a like for like replacement but where was the planning for his retirement that’s the question that’s been asked,to throw someone into loose forward was never going to work,but to do nothing which seems to have happened is very poor from Wigan