Fans Forum Next Tuesday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Fans Forum Next Tuesday

Post by Dan2266 »

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/08/ ... t-tuesday/

Well, Well, Well...... Would assume Lams future could well be announced before then.

Otherwise they will have to Ignore the questions which is surely one of the most pressing.

Then again, not everything they say can be taken at face value.
fozzieskem

Re: Fans Forum Next Tuesday

Post by fozzieskem »

Good,a positive move by the club so long as honest questions are asked and not a room full of apologists for the current state of the club.

A cold hard look is clearly needed at the club and the last thing is needed is soft questions.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Hopefully jobs for the boys will be brought up more than once
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

I wonder if there will be any straight answers from IL?,wont hold my breath.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Id be questioning the lack of ambition if anything, why have we accepted mediocrity and stuck with a coach who is clearly not performing.

Why we seem to be reliant on old heads coming back and the jobs for the boys culture.

Why announcements aren't made within a reasonable timescale (Do they already know fans will object to said announcements - Thornley) If that is the case, why are we signing players we know are substandard (That would be a good one to ask if they say they still have ambition to win trophies)
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

I would guess there'll be plenty off this forum going then to air their grievances?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Fujiman wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:19 pm I would guess there'll be plenty off this forum going then to air their grievances?
Work commitments, even still I couldn't go lol id get carried away and probably get someone in trouble :lol: :roll:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:26 pm Id be questioning the lack of ambition if anything, why have we accepted mediocrity and stuck with a coach who is clearly not performing.

Why we seem to be reliant on old heads coming back and the jobs for the boys culture.

Why announcements aren't made within a reasonable timescale (Do they already know fans will object to said announcements - Thornley) If that is the case, why are we signing players we know are substandard (That would be a good one to ask if they say they still have ambition to win trophies)
I mean you just summed up some issues the club face.

You have no idea how wekl Thornley would do for us, he went alright at catalan and making a judgement based of leigh is like deciding if a player is any good by watching Wigan play at the moment.

Fans have their own view of if a player is good enough not based of stats but their own belief as I don't very few actually sit and watch every game they play at other clubs.

People moaned about not getting NRL props, we get two and already people are finding reasons for them to fail.

Even with Thornley who stats don't back up the random complaints as players change a new coach would do wonders.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Why are tickets only available in person and at 10am.

Do they only want who are either out of work or too old to work.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:42 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:26 pm Id be questioning the lack of ambition if anything, why have we accepted mediocrity and stuck with a coach who is clearly not performing.

I mean you just summed up some issues the club face.

You have no idea how wekl Thornley would do for us, he went alright at catalan and making a judgement based of leigh is like deciding if a player is any good by watching Wigan play at the moment.

Fans have their own view of if a player is good enough not based of stats but their own belief as I don't very few actually sit and watch every game they play at other clubs.

People moaned about not getting NRL props, we get two and already people are finding reasons for them to fail.

Even with Thornley who stats don't back up the random complaints as players change a new coach would do wonders.
Game of opinions isnt it, Ill happily eat my words if Thornley turns into a top player for us and not just a cheap stop gap till Gilly returns. I hope I am wrong, Id love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

I cant comment on the props as I havent seen much of them. They have to be an improvement on what we currently have though.

My main concern is folk going and not asking pressing questions, it renders the whole thing pointless if thats the case.

Make Rads and Lenners uncomfortable, make them work and understand truly how the fans (mostly) feel about the direction the club is heading.

Ask them the awkward questions. They'll no doubt struggle to answer a lot of questions themselves or will just give wishy washy answers. I can see it now, again if I'm wrong and they are open and honest I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong.