Referee for Wednesday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: Referee for Wednesday

Post by ddtftf »

Chris Kendall stripped of Super League game following Wigan-Saints derby
By Callum WalkerAugust 25, 2021mode_comment0

I rest my case yes Josie they have stood him down
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:56 pm
ddtftf wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:59 pm Hick as ref will cut 2000 fans from coming he is just a really bad ref for both teams after his gaff as video ref he should never referee another game he was suspended for that
He wasn’t suspended. There is a shortage of referees as a whole & was refereeing a championship game.

There is our game tomorrow & five SL games on Thursday but no Kendall! Has he been suspended for losing control of the game last week?
Chris Kendall stripped of Super League game following Wigan-Saints derby
By Callum WalkerAugust 25, 2021mode_comment
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

It's an attention-grabbing headline but not sure it's backed up by the text. More like he's been given a week off for a rest.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

This ref failed to stop the game against Warrington when marshall was injured which did cost us the game and also cost Leeds the game against Warrington when awarding a try that everyone could see was not one and was stood down for one week he continues to ruin games and should not referee in super league he used to referee our son in the academy 20 years ago and has clearly not got any better he waits for teams to enter attacking zones and shouts 6again
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Suzieb wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:17 pm This ref failed to stop the game against Warrington when marshall was injured which did cost us the game and also cost Leeds the game against Warrington when awarding a try that everyone could see was not one and was stood down for one week he continues to ruin games and should not referee in super league he used to referee our son in the academy 20 years ago and has clearly not got any better he waits for teams to enter attacking zones and shouts 6again
Good we need atleast 4 sets of 6 to get 1 try.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Suzieb wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:17 pm This ref failed to stop the game against Warrington when marshall was injured which did cost us the game and also cost Leeds the game against Warrington when awarding a try that everyone could see was not one and was stood down for one week he continues to ruin games and should not referee in super league he used to referee our son in the academy 20 years ago and has clearly not got any better he waits for teams to enter attacking zones and shouts 6again
Im not keen on the ref but im all for refs that arnt petty and let the game flow…… i think the charnley try was down to the video ref to disallow it though
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:11 am Chris Kendall stripped of Super League game following Wigan-Saints derby
By Callum WalkerAugust 25, 2021mode_comment0

I rest my case yes Josie they have stood him down
This is what you should have posted then

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/chris-ke ... rby-42478/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Kendal certainly didn’t cover himself in clover last week
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

there were a few things that i picked up on at the game, but didnt want to just slag off the ref as our performance was poor and we lost it (poss contributed to by the ref), but seemgingly others have seen his performance was poor?

1st tackle of the game left marshall looking very heavy / concussed - havent seen it again but he certainly didnt look good

there was an attack ( i know we didnt seem to have many :) )we went down one of the touchlines - think Gildart and he was hit very high - think it was Faz complained but nothing. PoTB to Saints as tackled into touch.

Bentley kick to the head - nothing was going to be done about it, so he sin-binned him and Bateman for absolutely nothing.

Forward pass for saints 1st try not pulled up - but every time we looked like making a break it was pulled back (may have been correct in all instances, but never pulled saints for 1 forward pass all night)

Pressure on the kickers - Hastings hit late with 1st kick - nothing done about it cos saints player stayed down / injured. They did this with almost every kick, and all apart from Roby made sure they hit the player. Wigan put pressure on their kicker in 2nd half and penalty - just no consistency

Kick chase - generally i thought our kicks were poor, but the one we did put pressure on the kicker we got penalised (and think Batemen got binned off the back of it). Saints were regularly offside when the high kick was put up (i dont think Naiqama has been onside since he moved over here :) ), but never told to hold back and give the defender 10. Their kick chase therefore was either very good or i was being very blinkered by thinking they were offside for the majority

one that really got me was the knock on from the Saints kicker when we had put pressure on them in the 1st half. Hastings picked it up and appeared to be breaking away, to be pulled back. I havent seen this again after the game, but from Kendalls signals he just gave a knock on and Wigan PoTB, why? Unless i missed a Wigan knock on, surely that was play on and if Hastings scored, he could review?
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

firestarter hicks was the video ref who awarded the charnley try.