Powell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Powell

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:55 am Given Bourouh is leaving I’m not sure who’s benefitting from him being in the squad,I’d play Hastings there to be honest
If we need a hooker and he can play... we are benefitting.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I'm also wondering about O'Neil? If he's fit, we are not investing in any other 9 for 2022 and beyond, I'd start him for the rest of the season to gain experience and interchange him with Powell!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:55 am Given Bourouh is leaving I’m not sure who’s benefitting from him being in the squad,I’d play Hastings there to be honest
Regardless of him leaving, if he is the best option at 9 (Not just best at 9, but best for overall selection) then he should be included.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Hastings is leaving too although its strange not playing the other lad
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:05 pm
Hastings has experience though. If we play borough it is another inexperienced player in our line up, potentially weakening the team in some peoples eyes. We will not benefit from giving him experience as he is leaving, so if it weakens* the team and has no future gain for us I can see the reasoning behind not playing him.

*I'm not personally saying he weakens the team, just saying this could be the reason.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:59 am Why do you need to know?

I am sure you do this type of post the morning of every game day.
Grow up why shouldn't she ask it's a perfectly good question. It's getting like a bloody chreshe on here with childish digs
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

The question we need to ask is "Why is Bourouh leaving and O'Neill staying, but Bourouh in the squad now and O'Neill knowhere to be seen?"

I don't understand why he was recalled from his loan to sit on the sidelines?

The club must believe he is the better long term prospect and we cannot have both next year, but how have they made that decision if he isn't good enough now to fill in a few games or 20 minutes here and there?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:14 pm
Hastings has experience though. If we play borough it is another inexperienced player in our line up, potentially weakening the team in some peoples eyes. We will not benefit from giving him experience as he is leaving, so if it weakens* the team and has no future gain for us I can see the reasoning behind not playing him.

*I'm not personally saying he weakens the team, just saying this could be the reason.
Thanks for explaining it Dan.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:21 pm

That's just my opinion mate I don't know anything
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:21 pm

I totally get what both of you mean but havent we tried the, lets put our best players out at once( regardless of what position they play) approach?for me, it hasnt worked, thats why i want a hooker at hooker.
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE