Marwan Koukash hits out at Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Marwan Koukash hits out at Wigan

Post by Mike »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:41 am
NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:12 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:42 pm we are literally the joke of the league

I mean we’re awful but I’d probably say the league is an even bigger joke. How can a side this bad be 4th? It is a terrifying indictment on the quality of the league but also quite comforting that it won’t take much to turn it around.
think its a combination of some lucky wins early on in the season coupled with the fact weve played more than everyone else if the others caught up im pretty sure we will be a lot further down and in a more representative place
It's based on percentages. Proportionally we've won more games than them. Usually you just have to scrape above a 50% win ratio to get in the playoffs. Might be a bit higher this year because it's a 6, but we're comfortably in the right range at the moment. Unfortunately for us, we don't look like winning another game though, so we'll get dragged into the fight.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Personally, whether its perceived as correct or not, I don't think it's very professional for a previous club owner (who failed considerably IMO), to take a swipe at us.

Can understand fans wanting to vent their spleen (especially our paying fans), but can't see how this helps in any form.

I've often thought Koukash is good for the game, simply as he is a character and spends cash, each to their own I guess!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:11 pm Personally, whether its perceived as correct or not, I don't think it's very professional for a previous club owner (who failed considerably IMO), to take a swipe at us.

Can understand fans wanting to vent their spleen (especially our paying fans), but can't see how this helps in any form.

I've often thought Koukash is good for the game, simply as he is a character and spends cash, each to their own I guess!
He’s entitled to free speech simple as that,his shortcomings as Salford owner are yesterday’s news I’ve no doubt we all giggled at his antics,this is no different to me