Marwan Koukash hits out at Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Marwan Koukash hits out at Wigan

Post by josie andrews »

Dr Marwan Koukash is not known for holding back when trying to get his opinion across.

Since getting involved in rugby league all those years ago, Koukash has been a marmite figure – love him or hate him, you can’t but admire his honesty.

And, now he has attacked the quality of last night’s fixture between Leeds and Wigan, as well as firing shots at the Warriors as to their current abysmal run of form.

In pure Koukash style, the Palestine-born millionaire replied to former Huddersfield and England forward Eorl Crabtree’s tweet about Leeds continuing to improve, saying “the game was sh*t. Maybe both clubs are not the big ones anymore.”

Koukash was also keen to press for an answer from League Express editor Martyn Sadler regarding who the latter believes is playing worse than Wigan in Super League at present.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/marwan-k ... gan-42519/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
endoman

Re: Marwan Koukash hits out at Wigan

Post by endoman »

He’s not wrong is he?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Never mind watching it on tv he should have treated himself to a ticket,only a tenner after all,it was far worse in the flesh than on tv
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

we are literally the joke of the league
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
MadMaxWarrior

Post by MadMaxWarrior »

Although hes not wrong about the game and about our season, does realise we were still in a grand final last year 😂.

Also in his reign at Salford spending millions he guided them to a..... million pound game
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:42 pm we are literally the joke of the league

I mean we’re awful but I’d probably say the league is an even bigger joke. How can a side this bad be 4th? It is a terrifying indictment on the quality of the league but also quite comforting that it won’t take much to turn it around.
Wigan_forever1985

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:12 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:42 pm we are literally the joke of the league

I mean we’re awful but I’d probably say the league is an even bigger joke. How can a side this bad be 4th? It is a terrifying indictment on the quality of the league but also quite comforting that it won’t take much to turn it around.
think its a combination of some lucky wins early on in the season coupled with the fact weve played more than everyone else if the others caught up im pretty sure we will be a lot further down and in a more representative place
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

MadMaxWarrior wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:18 pm Although hes not wrong about the game and about our season, does realise we were still in a grand final last year 😂.

Also in his reign at Salford spending millions he guided them to a..... million pound game
It's a popular misconception that Wigan "bought" success in the late 80's and 90's. Yes Wigan spent big, but so did Leeds and they won, er not much.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:41 am

think its a combination of some lucky wins early on in the season coupled with the fact weve played more than everyone else if the others caught up im pretty sure we will be a lot further down and in a more representative place
under the %age wins, we wont fall that far actually based on where the clubs lower than us are at the minute (but i am not factoring in that we are playing crap and may lose the next 3 or 4 games). Leeds and Cas, if they both win their games in hand will have the same %win ratio, Leeds have better points difference but Cas is currently worse. The only other sides capable of knocking us out of the top 6 are Hull / Hull KR, but that would mean that with their 4 & 5 games in hand, they would need to win more than they lost to make their %age win ratio better than Wigans. if Wigan continue to lose our current 57% will drop to 50% (lose the next 3), and that is where Hull / KR are both currently

i think i lot of us are realistic in that we dont believe that we deserve to make the top 6, but if the other sides dont win their games, there is nothing Wigan can do about that
Wigan_forever1985

the pieman wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:07 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:41 am

under the %age wins, we wont fall that far actually based on where the clubs lower than us are at the minute (but i am not factoring in that we are playing crap and may lose the next 3 or 4 games). Leeds and Cas, if they both win their games in hand will have the same %win ratio, Leeds have better points difference but Cas is currently worse. The only other sides capable of knocking us out of the top 6 are Hull / Hull KR, but that would mean that with their 4 & 5 games in hand, they would need to win more than they lost to make their %age win ratio better than Wigans. if Wigan continue to lose our current 57% will drop to 50% (lose the next 3), and that is where Hull / KR are both currently

i think i lot of us are realistic in that we dont believe that we deserve to make the top 6, but if the other sides dont win their games, there is nothing Wigan can do about that
Well structured post i had forgot about the % thing