Wigan squad for Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
culinator

Re: Wigan squad for Castleford

Post by culinator »

My thoughts on the game.

I personally thought Cas made a lot of meters so easy especially in the first half, whilst we didnt seem to be able to get out of our own 20.
I think our try line defense was the thing that won us the game really.
I agree with the sentiments on Halsall, looks sturdy, KPP will be a monster

Couldnt believe we tried to kick a penalty that distance, but granted no time left for a play.
A question has to be asked, do they not practice taking conversions? If they do its obviously not enough.

Also lots of yellow cards recently but not one for a blatant professional foul? im struggling to fathom some of these decisions, for me it has to be questioned from the top. Ie who is instructing the refs on what to concentrate on this season

Tried not to be too pessimistic with a win but difficult
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

The pen kick was a strange one…… not because he took the kick in his own half, but, there was ample time on the clock to kick for touch and go straight for a drop goal…. What i didnt understand was why did the clock keep going, then stop, then go again, even though play was clearly stopped…. This time keeping has peed me off for some time now….. its lazy and very unprofessional
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

In fairness the quality was way way down on the Saints vs Wire match.

Absolutely no comparison.

Then again I put money on Wigan winning (I just had a feeling) so can't complain!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:34 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:42 pm
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:14 pm Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:30 am

Long walk back to the Premier Inn with only a bag of chips for company  never mind it can only get better . Wonder what the chips are like in Cas . Only one way to find out . See you Monday in Castleford 

Regards EW

Chips are going to taste all the better after that lol.

Regards EW
How was the fish supper EW?
Superb thanks. Could only be improved with the addition of brown Edinburgh chippy sauce :lol:

Regards EW
No EW, putting any colour of sauce on Chips and Fish is evil, including and particularly curry sauce. I remember going to the cinema in Romford back in 1967 just after we were married and I was working at Ford down in Warley, we went for take away chips and fish and was asked 'do you want gravy on this?'
That's when I realised that the South was truly backward and a different country!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Only just caught up with the game (playing cricket - I know but someone has to!). Halsall still looks our most promising player in a long time - real class and confidence about him. Hope the new regime make a special effort to bring him on.
Shorrocks must have some claim (Hastings notwithstanding) to be Player of the Year. Otherwise, the side looked a bit more generally confident - must be playing players in position not out of position. Maybe they knew what was happening off the pitch.
Still not convinced we can get near a GF but maybe a bit of buckling down; some fitness work and a bit of luck and ............................... Actually, still not convinced.
HDS

Post by HDS »

Well we finally play a team as tired as us and we get a win!!!! Very pleased, but the goalkicking is still a very big
worry.