Wigan squad for Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Wigan squad for Castleford

Post by fozzieskem »

I would say Castleford have been woeful tonight
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Best game from Singleton for quite some time,the try just rounded it off nicely
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:53 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:51 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:44 pm So now we have the issue of not sacking lam last week becaue now we’ve won - utterly awful again but cas somehow managed to be worse - but this means lam in place at least to the end of the season

We have been lucky that for whatever reason the teams we’ve played recently have been massively poor a good team would have annihilated us today
Our attack is Aweful but I would not underestimate how much wigans defence has smothered Castleford attack.
Cas have been as bad as I’ve seen them I don’t think wigan have had to be that good to stop them
With the amount of ball Castleford have had, wigans defence has been good, the fact that it hasn't been broken yet despite so many repeat sets.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Well needed win, Didn't think we could do it without Powell
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:57 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:51 pm

Our attack is Aweful but I would not underestimate how much wigans defence has smothered Castleford attack.
Cas have been as bad as I’ve seen them I don’t think wigan have had to be that good to stop them
With the amount of ball Castleford have had, wigans defence has been good, the fact that it hasn't been broken yet despite so many repeat sets.
But we had loads of ball last week and didn’t score not because of good defence but our poor attack

Same with cas today their attack was woeful as bad as I’ve ever seen them so possession doesn’t equal points we peoples that they hardly asked any questions - the wigan defence was good - but it didn’t have to be anything more than that today
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

medlocke wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:58 pm Well needed win, Didn't think we could do it without Powell
I’m not sure how Wes will explain that one
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Let's hope we take some of that desire and desperation to win into the Magic Weekend and give wanky wanky warrington a game
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:30 am

Long walk back to the Premier Inn with only a bag of chips for company  never mind it can only get better . Wonder what the chips are like in Cas . Only one way to find out . See you Monday in Castleford 

Regards EW

Chips are going to taste all the better after that lol.

Regards EW
Last edited by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR on Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2002 and EW is hooked
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:59 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:57 pm

But we had loads of ball last week and didn’t score not because of good defence but our poor attack

Same with cas today their attack was woeful as bad as I’ve ever seen them so possession doesn’t equal points we peoples that they hardly asked any questions - the wigan defence was good - but it didn’t have to be anything more than that today
I'm not trying to say everything is better, but I'm giving credit to our defence, Leeds where poor last week and they scored points because our defence was bad.

Tonight it was good and it's a step in the right direction.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Much better tonight. Cas were awful though
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?