Adrian Lam to leave Wigan at the end of the season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Adrian Lam to leave Wigan at the end of the season

Post by Barney841 »

Southern Softy wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:53 pm I can't and won't dislike him personally but sadly, he was never the right choice as coach and candidly, he was out of his depth.
Please IL - don't make the same mistake. The Team needs a recognised coach with tactical awareness and plans.
How that works with SW at the club - who knows? I have a bit of a worry that there will be an internal appointment which will come to grief and see SW take the reins again mid-season.
We need a coach that has nothing to do with club and has his own ideas.
Wigan need a complete change in direction in how they play, abit like when Maggie came in 2010.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:15 pm Two years too late.
Correct but par for the course under IL. He always keeps coaches employed too long. Noble, Wane and Lam all employed too long. I am sure he'd have renewed Wane's contract had he not decide to leave.

Wigan had a reputation of having very little patience with coaches but its arguably gone from one extreme to the other.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

We need a coach with creativity, who can bring an open, entertaining style of play, even if we loose it can't be any worse than what we have had to put up with this season.
As others suspect, we will probably promote from within and nothing will really change.
Lenegan and Radlinski need to be bold and look at change, like they did with the club crest.
Act now or loose fans.
pedro

Post by pedro »

we need a coach to stop the rot and instil discipline and a real steel throughout the club like madge did, shake it up from top to bottom
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:17 pm
Don’t forget he has sacrificed being with his family back home in Oz to stay here.
That's laying it on a bit thick. He hasn't been press ganged into being Wigan coach. It's been his choice as much as the clubs.

As to the other excuses. Covid applies at other clubs and I don't see how following on from Wane is relevant especially as quite a few were pleased to see Wane leave. Madge was the hard act to follow, not Wane. The injury situation was unfortunate but made worse by his bizarre selection policy and playing players out of position. Recruitment? That's been an issue for years but as with the injury situation I don't think he made the best of what he had. His successor isn't going to be much better off anyway. So far it's two forwards in the plus column and Hasting's, Gildart and others leaving or retiring who as yet have not been replaced with rumours of lower standard players coming in.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Superb player and excellent seasons in 2019 and 2020! Has no doubt been a testing season and I imagine many are delighted at this.

I didn't see the game yesterday, as other have posted, not many nil Cas at Wheldon Road! Can only hope we discover form now and really push in.tne playoffs! As Singo said, he's been involved in an environment winning from 5th before!

Let's wait to see who's appointed for next season!🤞
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Hopefully tonight will shed some light on the replacements as I'd be worried if it wasn't sorted already
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:19 pm Hopefully tonight will shed some light on the replacements as I'd be worried if it wasn't sorted already
I agree with this, surely must be sorted by now? Can't say I'm inspired if it is Matty Peet though. Who am I to judge though lol 😆.
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Wintergreen wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:17 pm I know it’s time for Lammy to leave but still gutted for him as he has had a mountain to climb in his time here

1) following on from Wane
2) the Edwards debacle
3) Covid
4) injuries
5) lack of support from the club re signing of players.

Don’t forget he has sacrificed being with his family back home in Oz to stay here.

I would like to wish him the very best of luck for his future whatever he chooses to do, & hope we can give him the send off he deserves.

Thank you Lammy [emoji4][emoji464][emoji523][emoji836]️[emoji3590]
+1
+2

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:22 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:19 pm Hopefully tonight will shed some light on the replacements as I'd be worried if it wasn't sorted already
I agree with this, surely must be sorted by now? Can't say I'm inspired if it is Matty Peet though. Who am I to judge though lol 😆.
If it was matty peet it has to be a 1 year rolling contract, however he deserves a chance as much as any NRL assistant, you don't know the style until they are head coach.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.