Who next ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bertina

Who next ?

Post by bertina »

I think it’s time the club made clear what the situation is with Shaun Wane.
Which coach worth his salt would come to Wigan knowing that Wane was sat upstairs overseeing things.
Let’s be honest, Shaun Wanes personality is well known, and there is no way he would be capable of sitting by and watch a coach take decisions he disagreed with.
The situation concerns me.
DaveO

Re: Who next ?

Post by DaveO »

Never understood the idea a “director of rugby” could be an ex coach. At Leeds Sinfield did the job but he had very little to do with the playing side and in fact it’s why he’s decided to leave.

If as rumoured Wane would be involved in recruitment who wins when the coach says he wants player a) or wants to replace player b) and Wane doesn’t agree?
bertina

Post by bertina »

DaveO wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:02 pm Never understood the idea a “director of rugby” could be an ex coach. At Leeds Sinfield did the job but he had very little to do with the playing side and in fact it’s why he’s decided to leave.

If as rumoured Wane would be involved in recruitment who wins when the coach says he wants player a) or wants to replace player b) and Wane doesn’t agree?
Exactly my point Dave. As I said above, nobody only a ‘ yes man’ would tolerate a situation like that. That’s what concerns me regarding who we might end up with.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:02 pm Never understood the idea a “director of rugby” could be an ex coach. At Leeds Sinfield did the job but he had very little to do with the playing side and in fact it’s why he’s decided to leave.

That’s how it works now, just the names are different.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote:

That’s how it works now, just the names are different.
Probably why IL has never recruited an existing head coach while he’s been here. They wouldn’t put up with it.