Fans Forum

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
w.thomas

Re: Fans Forum

Post by w.thomas »

I just can’t get my head around the secrecy and the club not wanting people outside of that forum to know the information. Seems really odd and doesn’t sit right with me. If they wanted to keep the fans that are major critics happy it’s possibly the worse thing they could have done. I’ve reached the point that I’m so disillusioned I barely care what they say anymore, which is a sad thing in itself.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

I thought the club where going to release aspects on Social Media, and also publish the recording. Or is it a case of we need to wait until the new Marketing Manager is appointed as no-one in the current set up knows how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:53 am
DaveO wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:44 pm
Mike wrote:
But we're happy and stupid anyway, so we don't need managing. It's the cynics on the clubs back that they are trying to placate. But they'll never be happy anyway.
They think the cynics on the clubs back would be placated by this? Spectacular misjudgment if so.
Exactly. Not announcing Thornley has led to indignation level 10 amongst the cynics. However, if they *had* announced Thornley though. Indignation level 11! So it's a win for the club. 😀

BTW I think some operate at indignation level 9 as a default.
There are plenty of other issues besides signing Thornley but being pissed off about the secrecy and the signing aren't mutually exclusive positions. As regards the secrecy anyway I don't think it's as big an issue as is made out. It's rather bemusement as why they bother with it. It's just very odd.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:06 pm What do you want to know Meds, I know a couple who went and even though they were told not to repeat to much, have answered most questions.
Is that bit in bold really true? What on earth is the club playing at if so? 120 random people are given information in a so called fans forum and they are asked not to repeat it? This is bonkers.

As to asking what do people want to know, this is not "20 Questions". As we don't know what was discussed we can't really ask for what the club said about anything.

What we really need to know is was there anything significant said? If so what? Or was it just a load of excuses for the current state of the club and squad?

So to help us along, what was the agenda or if you prefer the list of topics they covered?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

DaveO wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:54 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:06 pm What do you want to know Meds, I know a couple who went and even though they were told not to repeat to much, have answered most questions.
Is that bit in bold really true? What on earth is the club playing at if so? 120 random people are given information in a so called fans forum and they are asked not to repeat it? This is bonkers.

As to asking what do people want to know, this is not "20 Questions". As we don't know what was discussed we can't really ask for what the club said about anything.

What we really need to know is was there anything significant said? If so what? Or was it just a load of excuses for the current state of the club and squad?

So to help us along, what was the agenda or if you prefer the list of topics they covered?
When I first saw this I assumed it was a joke.

Surely it's a joke?
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Tell you what, I will do a summary of what was said later, just at work so can't do much now.

Unless someone steps in and says I shouldn't.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

First Try Tickle wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:11 pm Tell you what, I will do a summary of what was said later, just at work so can't do much now.

Unless someone steps in and says I shouldn't.
The boss may already be on his way to ask why you are already on the fans website because he is a stains fan.😡
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

In all seriousness, if you really want to know (and don't already), I suggest you read the very long thread on the forum on RLFans where this is gone into in exhaustive detail.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:

In all seriousness, if you really want to know (and don't already), I suggest you read the very long thread on the forum on RLFans where this is gone into in exhaustive detail.
Well I just read all 25 pages and we basically got two posts with two very limited versions of the event. One from Suzy B and another from Jukesays which was a different take/contradiction of the first version.

The first version was also posted to annoy the club because they did indeed seek to impose what amounted to a blackout. Most of the rest of 25 pages are people either annoyed at or defending the blackout!

The two posts that deal with issues would both fit on less than a side of A4 paper so it seems not a great deal of information is forthcoming or was said. Who knows.

Most of what was written seems a lot of excuses and if there was anything controversial you could glean from them, they prepared the ground for Hardaker leaving. However that said we are into the realms of Chinese whispers here because that is my take on the fact Rads supposedly expressed annoyance on Hardaker living back in Yorkshire as his wife wants to live there and the implications of that.

Of course if the event had been recorded and broadcast on Wigan TV there would be no need to speculate. Doing that may have meant a more guarded approach from IL and Rads but then being less guarded, telling stuff to 120 random fans and asking them not to say anything was a ridiculous thing to do and has led to 25 pages of negative comments on RL fans with some fans accusing the club of lying over what was said over the Edwards issue.

What a complete mess!
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

2002 and EW is hooked