Five candidates to be the new Wigan head coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Five candidates to be the new Wigan head coach

Post by moto748 »

DaveO wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:58 pm

If Peet gets the job it will be greeted with skepticism by many
And no doubt you'll be at the forefront of that 'many', Dave, telling us twice a day and three times on Sundays how terrible he is. I can hardly wait.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

First Try Tickle wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:48 am IL did come across as wanting a coach who would give us entertaining rugby as this will bring back the crowds. He seemed disappointed that Lam didn't bring this as promised.

I think they also realize that the rugby played under Wane was driving the fans away and therefore needed a change.

So hopefully even though a cheap option, Peet with Wane behind won't bring back exciting rugby and bigger crowds.
I honestly don't think crowds would increase with entertaining rugby. When we beat the Sharks it was a entertaining match and was a 100% Wane performance, don't remember an increase in attendance that season.

People make the excuses they can regardless.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:27 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:48 am IL did come across as wanting a coach who would give us entertaining rugby as this will bring back the crowds. He seemed disappointed that Lam didn't bring this as promised.

I think they also realize that the rugby played under Wane was driving the fans away and therefore needed a change.

So hopefully even though a cheap option, Peet with Wane behind won't bring back exciting rugby and bigger crowds.
I honestly don't think crowds would increase with entertaining rugby. When we beat the Sharks it was a entertaining match and was a 100% Wane performance, don't remember an increase in attendance that season.

I think the league not having any significant meaning seriously hampers crowds IMO
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:36 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:27 pm

I think the league not having any significant meaning seriously hampers crowds IMO
And there you gave it,far too many meaningless games the last what 4 weeks being a prime example as the loop fixtures kicked in.
DaveO

Five candidates to be the new Wigan head coach

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:
DaveO wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:58 pm

If Peet gets the job it will be greeted with skepticism by many
And no doubt you'll be at the forefront of that 'many', Dave, telling us twice a day and three times on Sundays how terrible he is. I can hardly wait.
Pretty pathetic taking that sentence out of context by only quoting part of the same paragraph.

As I said he’s associated with the current regime which is why people will be skeptical of his appointment and that skepticism, for that reason, should not be surprising. Your problem with that is what? The fact it’s obviously true?

If he is appointed I’d hope he proves the skeptics wrong but if you think most people won’t have reservations or be underwhelmed by his appointment then I think you’d be wrong. That applies to the “happy clapper” brigade as well in my opinion. I don’t believe for one minute they would not prefer to see someone from outside the club appointed whatever they post on social media.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

People will be sceptical, OK, maybe they will. I'd just like to see whoever is appointed be given a fair crack. And I don't think the use of straw men like 'happy clapper brigade' is very helpful.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

moto748 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:52 pm People will be sceptical, OK, maybe they will. I'd just like to see whoever is appointed be given a fair crack. And I don't think the use of straw men like 'happy clapper brigade' is very helpful.
👏👏👏
The thing is that Dave will answer everything you say, point-by-point, and "win" the debate by wearing you down.
Matty Peet is doomed already!
I'd just give in now if I were you.
😁😁😁
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Thread locked....
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Am I too late to suggest that we could do worse than reappoint Maguire, who may well be between jobs pretty soon...
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:31 pm Am I too late to suggest that we could do worse than reappoint Maguire, who may well be between jobs pretty soon...
Don’t let Meds read that!