Adrian Lam addresses Jacob Miller links and his successor as Wigan head coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Race to be Adrian Lam’s successor at Wigan heats up

Post by josie andrews »

With Wigan head coach Adrian Lam exiting the club at the end of the season, it will be up to the likes of General Manager Kris Radlinski and chairman Ian Lenagan to decide on his successor.

Current assistant coach Matty Peet has been linked with the role as have those outside the club such as Trent Barrett and Brian McDermott.

But, Lam believes the new boss should be chosen from those around him like Peet, John Winder or Sean O’Loughlin.

“What I’ve been really proud of here is the staff that have been working with me,” Lam said.

I’ve got 11 staff as we speak and they’ve all been outstanding and they’d all do a great job in any role.

“Matty, John and Sean could all coach a Super League club in their own time.

I’ve been proud of them and if that’s an option for the club, so be it – they’ll decide and settle on that in the near future.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/race-to- ... -up-42999/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Adrian Lam addresses Jacob Miller links and his successor as Wigan head coach

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We have a team which is scoring an average of ONE TRY A GAME. That is fatal to this idea that we should recruit from within. We have seen exactly what the current coaches can achieve and it is less than nothing. When Wane took over, he had been part of a successful team, when Lam took over he was meant to be a caretaker (and then COVID struck and Edwards dropped us in it). We have no precedent for recruiting from within when within has abjectly failed.
nathan_rugby

Re: Race to be Adrian Lam’s successor at Wigan heats up

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:10 am With Wigan head coach Adrian Lam exiting the club at the end of the season, it will be up to the likes of General Manager Kris Radlinski and chairman Ian Lenagan to decide on his successor.

Current assistant coach Matty Peet has been linked with the role as have those outside the club such as Trent Barrett and Brian McDermott.

But, Lam believes the new boss should be chosen from those around him like Peet, John Winder or Sean O’Loughlin.

“What I’ve been really proud of here is the staff that have been working with me,” Lam said.

I’ve got 11 staff as we speak and they’ve all been outstanding and they’d all do a great job in any role.

“Matty, John and Sean could all coach a Super League club in their own time.

I’ve been proud of them and if that’s an option for the club, so be it – they’ll decide and settle on that in the near future.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/race-to- ... -up-42999/
They literally make stuff up. Pretty sure I read Lam's article and he didn't say that.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Re: Adrian Lam addresses Jacob Miller links and his successor as Wigan head coach

Post by fozzieskem »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:33 am We have a team which is scoring an average of ONE TRY A GAME. That is fatal to this idea that we should recruit from within. We have seen exactly what the current coaches can achieve and it is less than nothing. When Wane took over, he had been part of a successful team, when Lam took over he was meant to be a caretaker (and then COVID struck and Edwards dropped us in it). We have no precedent for recruiting from within when within has abjectly failed.
That is relegation form isn’t it?

It’s a stark fact of this ineptitude in the coaching department has been allowed to carry on regardless
DaveO

Re: Race to be Adrian Lam’s successor at Wigan heats up

Post by DaveO »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:38 am They literally make stuff up. Pretty sure I read Lam's article and he didn't say that.
You are not kidding. They have also milked the minutes from the forum for all they are worth to come up with several articles with what look like sensationalist headlines and when you read the piece it's just regurgitating what they have lifted off the club web site. A good example was a headline I saw about Wigan suing sponsors. Yes Rads mentioned this in the forum but it's already out there. On the clubs web site. Lazy journalism and milking a living.