Wigan squad to face Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Wigan squad to face Hull

Post by moto748 »

It's raining tries! :lol:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:59 pm It’s either sh*t hot defences or god awful attacks from both teams.
I know what I’d go for….
Imagine if we tried using the fresh players we have that Lam refuses to play Instead of our exhausted young forwards
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Been busy this afternoon sounds a grim affair but a win is a win
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:
Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:59 pm It’s either sh*t hot defences or god awful attacks from both teams.
I know what I’d go for….
Imagine if we tried using the fresh players we have that Lam refuses to play Instead of our exhausted young forwards
Lam refusing to play players was something that came out of the fans forum that IL and Rads were a bit baffled about reading the write up.

Has Lam been saving them for the playoffs? I doubt it.

As to the game it seems like it was a dour affair. I can remember a game at Central Park where we beat Bradford 2-0 and it was epic. No one left the ground feeling short changed but reading the reports I suspect what was served up today by both teams wasn’t the same.

As Fozzie said, two points is two points and now we have a home tie in the playoffs but something miraculous is going to have to happen for us to get anywhere.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Well I enjoyed the game! It was end to end stuff in the first half both teams good defending. Second half was when we wore them down. Okay it wasn’t high scoring but we came away with the win 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

You know what I’ll take a 10-0 win everyday of the week,playoff rugby usually is a fairly dour affair so bring it on
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:33 am Well I enjoyed the game! It was end to end stuff in the first half both teams good defending. Second half was when we wore them down. Okay it wasn’t high scoring but we came away with the win 😊

What, you actually went and saw the game! I thought the goal here was to look at the scoreline and then have a good moan about how crap it must have been?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:59 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:33 am Well I enjoyed the game! It was end to end stuff in the first half both teams good defending. Second half was when we wore them down. Okay it wasn’t high scoring but we came away with the win 😊

What, you actually went and saw the game! I thought the goal here was to look at the scoreline and then have a good moan about how crap it must have been?
I go to every game I can Mike 😊 there’ll come a time when I can’t go & support the lads so I move heaven & earth to get to them while I can, even Wakey on a Wednesday night, & that includes going watching an academy game when Josh Charnley & Matthew Sarsfield played for us!

Don’t forget I’m the original happy clapper ;) ;)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

DaveO wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:44 am
Caboosegg wrote:
I know what I’d go for….
Lam refusing to play players was something that came out of the fans forum that IL and Rads were a bit baffled about reading the write up.

Has Lam been saving them for the playoffs? I doubt it.

As to the game it seems like it was a dour affair. I can remember a game at Central Park where we beat Bradford 2-0 and it was epic. No one left the ground feeling short changed but reading the reports I suspect what was served up today by both teams wasn’t the same.

As Fozzie said, two points is two points and now we have a home tie in the playoffs but something miraculous is going to have to happen for us to get anywhere.
That game against Bradford Northern was one of my favourite games, Dave. If I remember correctly it was the first of the sequence of wins in our long cup run. Miraculously, Joe Lydon kicked the penalty from about 40 years out in the slutch to the kop end. I can picture it now.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:08 pm You know what I’ll take a 10-0 win everyday of the week,playoff rugby usually is a fairly dour affair so bring it on
Unless it is the NRL.