Wigan squad to face Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Wigan squad to face Hull

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:59 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:33 am Well I enjoyed the game! It was end to end stuff in the first half both teams good defending. Second half was when we wore them down. Okay it wasn’t high scoring but we came away with the win 😊

What, you actually went and saw the game! I thought the goal here was to look at the scoreline and then have a good moan about how crap it must have been?
Going to the game is no excuse for making positive comments 😡
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:16 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:33 am Well I enjoyed the game! It was end to end stuff in the first half both teams good defending. Second half was when we wore them down. Okay it wasn’t high scoring but we came away with the win 😊

What, you actually went and saw the game! I thought the goal here was to look at the scoreline and then have a good moan about how crap it must have been?
Tough! I’m not a miserable barsteward who moans about every player, the staff or the club on here, it’s bad enough having to read it 😉

Then I have to listen to enough at every home game from the fellow behind me & the old git next to me 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:51 pm
DaveO wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:44 am
Caboosegg wrote:
Imagine if we tried using the fresh players we have that Lam refuses to play Instead of our exhausted young forwards
Lam refusing to play players was something that came out of the fans forum that IL and Rads were a bit baffled about reading the write up.

Has Lam been saving them for the playoffs? I doubt it.

As to the game it seems like it was a dour affair. I can remember a game at Central Park where we beat Bradford 2-0 and it was epic. No one left the ground feeling short changed but reading the reports I suspect what was served up today by both teams wasn’t the same.

As Fozzie said, two points is two points and now we have a home tie in the playoffs but something miraculous is going to have to happen for us to get anywhere.
That game against Bradford Northern was one of my favourite games, Dave. If I remember correctly it was the first of the sequence of wins in our long cup run. Miraculously, Joe Lydon kicked the penalty from about 40 years out in the slutch to the kop end. I can picture it now.
Yeh, I think it was a 3rd round game, in that run the 3rd round games were always tough, Halifax away in the snow was an absolute stormer.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:34 pm

Tough! I’m not a miserable barsteward who moans about every player, the staff or the club on here, it’s bad enough having to read it 😉

Then I have to listen to enough at every home game from the fellow behind me & the old git next to me 😂
I was only joking Josie, I welcome a positive attitude.
Flash

Post by Flash »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:51 pm
DaveO wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:44 am
Caboosegg wrote:
Imagine if we tried using the fresh players we have that Lam refuses to play Instead of our exhausted young forwards
Lam refusing to play players was something that came out of the fans forum that IL and Rads were a bit baffled about reading the write up.

Has Lam been saving them for the playoffs? I doubt it.

As to the game it seems like it was a dour affair. I can remember a game at Central Park where we beat Bradford 2-0 and it was epic. No one left the ground feeling short changed but reading the reports I suspect what was served up today by both teams wasn’t the same.

As Fozzie said, two points is two points and now we have a home tie in the playoffs but something miraculous is going to have to happen for us to get anywhere.
That game against Bradford Northern was one of my favourite games, Dave. If I remember correctly it was the first of the sequence of wins in our long cup run. Miraculously, Joe Lydon kicked the penalty from about 40 years out in the slutch to the kop end. I can picture it now.
That was some kick! :shock: :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:44 pm

I’m always positive. Had enough bad times to last several lifetimes. Live for today sod tomorrow - it never comes!

I always support our team win or lose, having seven bells of poo 💩 knocked out of you for 80 minutes….modern day gladiators in my book while we scream at them.

I know it’s different now to when I first started watching nearly 62 years ago when the men were working as well as ‘training’ & playing. Players are now full time professionals in SL, fitter, stronger, better diets, nutrition & training facilities, but they are still getting battered for 80 minutes.

#WiganWarriorsAlways 🏉🍒⚪️❤️

*I’m expecting a tongue lashing from DaveO but I don’t care I’ve had a lot worse in my life than someone rollicking me on a forum 😊 #OriginalHappyClapper 😉😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:19 am . Players are now full time professionals in SL, fitter, stronger, better diets, nutrition & training facilities, but they are still getting battered for 80 minutes.

And yet, despite the speed of the game being greater than ever, I still keep reading tripe about how the sport is going 'soft'. :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:56 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:19 am . Players are now full time professionals in SL, fitter, stronger, better diets, nutrition & training facilities, but they are still getting battered for 80 minutes.

And yet, despite the speed of the game being greater than ever, I still keep reading tripe about how the sport is going 'soft'. :roll:
I’d say it’s way harder game to play now when it’s quiet and you hear two players banging into each other you can help but feel that’ll sting in the morning
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The number of times during a game when I'm muttering to myself. "That's gotta hurt..." :D
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:19 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:44 pm

I’m always positive. Had enough bad times to last several lifetimes. Live for today sod tomorrow - it never comes!

I always support our team win or lose, having seven bells of poo 💩 knocked out of you for 80 minutes….modern day gladiators in my book while we scream at them.

I know it’s different now to when I first started watching nearly 62 years ago when the men were working as well as ‘training’ & playing. Players are now full time professionals in SL, fitter, stronger, better diets, nutrition & training facilities, but they are still getting battered for 80 minutes.

#WiganWarriorsAlways 🏉🍒⚪️❤️

*I’m expecting a tongue lashing from DaveO but I don’t care I’ve had a lot worse in my life than someone rollicking me on a forum 😊 #OriginalHappyClapper 😉😉
Bloody well said Josie, all power to you!