Lam's Comment Re: Squad for the Catalans game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ipinwigan

Lam's Comment Re: Squad for the Catalans game

Post by Ipinwigan »

Well I have just read the details for the squad to face Catalans and in particular Lam's comment.

Lam said: "It's a tricky one, I know Catalans rested some last week, it's a tough one to make sure we find a balance between having a strong performance and keeping momentum going, but potentially freshening up players."

Well you certainly have to admire his bravado, when he says "keeping momentum going" - what momentum is that exactly, with only one win in the last two weeks?
Perhaps he is referring to the momentum of not scoring many tries and being absolutely useless in attack.
Southern Softy

Re: Lam's Comment Re: Squad for the Catalans game

Post by Southern Softy »

I never, ever thought I'd hear myself saying this but please can this season be over and then we can start afresh with some semblance of optimism.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Not too sure about any optimism for next season, with the lack of positive news from the Club and the rumours of Maty Peet taking over, things only look like they will be a continuation of this abysmal season.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

What should Lam have said?

"Its normally a challenge between resting players and keeping up momentum, but since we seem to win one, then lose one, we don't really have any momentum so its a coin toss"
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I was thinking to myself the other day how would i feel if Wigan end up winning it - yes preposterous as it may seem what i have noticed is we seem to drag down the quality of all the games we play in and teams that were playing well (Cas/Hull) seem to play a lot worse against us so you never know

On the one hand as a fan always happy for us to win but what would it actually say about rugby league if we do, weve been tragic all season. This is my point when it comes to the league being the prize instead of this play off system - Imagine the season ended today instead of the last fixture being play just for arguments sake.

In a league table Catalan would be champions and rightly so IMO, in our sport we could still be champions and if we did manage it what we would be saying is

Catalan who Won 19 and lost only 3 with a points difference of +294 get nothing
Wigan who Won 14 lost 10 with a points difference of -2 are champions

so the champions of our sport finish the regular season scoring less points than they conceded

That to me is why rugby league has no future - you can say it wont happen but it could and teams in the past have done it like leeds from 5th.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I have a sneaky feeling Wigan could well end up in the final,I based this feeling on nothing more than it wouldn’t surprise me if that happened so there I’ve said it and if they get knocked out first up I’ll simply claim I had a fever.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:11 pm I have a sneaky feeling Wigan could well end up in the final,I based this feeling on nothing more than it wouldn’t surprise me if that happened so there I’ve said it and if they get knocked out first up I’ll simply claim I had a fever.
I have a feeling youre right
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:26 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:11 pm I have a sneaky feeling Wigan could well end up in the final,I based this feeling on nothing more than it wouldn’t surprise me if that happened so there I’ve said it and if they get knocked out first up I’ll simply claim I had a fever.
I have a feeling youre right
Stranger things have happened. But have to admit as much as I want it to happen. Think your going to be putting it down to a fever :D
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Woe is me!

The end of the world is nigh!

"Cheer up!" they said, "things could be worse!"
So I cheered up and, sure enough, things got worse.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Ipinwigan wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 pm Not too sure about any optimism for next season, with the lack of positive news from the Club and the rumours of Maty Peet taking over, things only look like they will be a continuation of this abysmal season.
This moaning about Peet made from no factual evidence of anything is old now.

Wigan will appoint the best coach available to them. If its Peet he's earned a chance. We went elsewhere last time and got Lam!
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.