Wigan squad for Catalans.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mickw

Re: Wigan squad for Catalans.

Post by Mickw »

Mcdonnell had a better two great tackles on Sam t first half and his try brought the house down.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:08 pm Big Willie isa is back!!! With Super Sam P settled in again, I can feel a surprise win coming.

Clubb will want to go out on a high too, so expect fireworks up front. Can't wait!
Have faith! Be positive! We beat Whine-os in the next round, and all we need then is a repeat of tonight's result in Perpignan and we're in another GF against Wire (or Saints).

There should be a moratorium on negativity until the end of the season...happy clappers only 👋👋👋
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Really enjoyed the game tonight, went in at half time not expecting that score and although they got a little sloppy in the 2nd half and put themselves under some pressure they well deserved that result! Isa was on form with quick running but more importantly quick play the ball which helped us massively and I though McDonnell was Uber busy in the first half especially in defence so wasn’t surprised he got man of the match!

Cracking result, good game and some momentum for the playoffs!
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

How’s that for happy clapping ✌️
moto748

Post by moto748 »

You could just play that McDonnell try over and over again, couldn't you?

I know I have! :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:27 pm Final score 12-8 soft try for them what a brilliant game of RL Wigan were in their faces tackling any thing that moved even their big forwards were kept under control .Child had a mare of a game for us giving Cats every thing the amount of forward passes was unbelievable and off side we never got 6 again Cas got plenty. Bullock played first 20 but not seen again? What a difference it makes when you start the game with seasoned props Clubb and Bullock .McDonnell scored a cracker of a try cracker of a game cant wait to watch full game on Wigan TV.
Two broken fingers I think he said!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Gerrumonside wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:48 pm How’s that for happy clapping ✌️
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:51 pm
Caboosegg wrote:
pedro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:00 pmLams a clown...
Didn't age well with the result however overall still true.

We look like we are not practicing ball handling skills still.

Youngsters did well tonight and Isa certainly made up for his Ban.
Wasn’t Isa captain? If so possibly the smartest coaching move he’s made all season.
Yes 😊 he can be captain every game for me 👏🏼👏🏼 Well done Big Willie 😊
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:27 pm Final score 12-8 soft try for them what a brilliant game of RL Wigan were in their faces tackling any thing that moved even their big forwards were kept under control .Child had a mare of a game for us giving Cats every thing the amount of forward passes was unbelievable and off side we never got 6 again Cas got plenty. Bullock played first 20 but not seen again? What a difference it makes when you start the game with seasoned props Clubb and Bullock .McDonnell scored a cracker of a try cracker of a game cant wait to watch full game on Wigan TV.
Thought Clubb played well tonight. He was heartbroken after the game as the players went round clapping the fans.
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

I do love that these threads are about 10 pages shorter when we win than when we get beat!!

It might have been a dead rubber but last night was the best performance we've seen all season at the DW. After a season of doom and gloom, I left last night smiling. It might have been to all intents and purposes a dead rubber but we can take so much away from last nights showing. All of a sudden selection for next Thursday becomes tricky. Farrell and Bateman to come back in? Neither KPP or McDonnell deserve to make way after last night. KPP has won a lot of plaudits this season but it was his less experienced partner in the 2nd Row McDonnell who caught the eye last night, Tackled anything that came anywhere near him and took his try very well. (Lam will probably start him at Hooker next week)

I'm sure someone will correct me but I can't recall a 40/20 since Matty Smith? then we get 2 in the same game. To expand on that I thought the kicking game was excellent. Morgue's positioning wasn't the best but Jacko and Smith took full advantage.

Dare we believe? 3 decent wins on the bounce as the season enters the business end. Defence looking more and more difficult to break down? Still not particularly clinical in attack but grinding out wins that would have been losses a month or so ago. Have we timed our run to perfection or are we just being set up to be even more disappointed when the inevitable happens? After the season we've had, surely we're not going to do this? Are we?????