Tony Clubb in tears as exit confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Tony Clubb in tears as exit confirmed

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:01 pm Why did everyone know it was his last home game for Wigan?
We have a home game v Leeds and now Bullock is out injured, so couldn't Clubby be selected for this one. Part of the reason, IMO, we beat Catalans is due to us having three senior props out there. The Cats pack got tackled in a way they never expected and they were put off their game from minute one!

If Lam wants to win on Thursday then surely he'll play three senior props again? Perhaps it'll dawn on Lam why the lads won. On the other hand perhaps it won 't!
I asked Clubby if he was playing next week, the last home game of the season & he said he didn’t think so! My mate then said to him ‘you should never change a winning team!’

How true this is is a bit of a puzzle, as to my mind the only proper “senior” players rested were Faz, Powell, Marshall Smithies! Bateman is still struggling with his shoulders so I would have him rested anyway.

But as you say Ted, you never know what team is going to be selected!

The team that beat Catalan was great IMO! The lads seemed to be excited to play, they were enthusiastic, eager & played well 😊🏉🍒⚪️❤️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan