The Play-Offs are here

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

The Play-Offs are here

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan v Leeds in the 2021 Betfred Super League Eliminator Game this Thursday.

Warriors to host the Rhinos with the winner progressing to Play-Off Semi Finals.

Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos, Thursday 23rd September, DW Stadium, 7:45pm, get your tickets NOW!

The Play-Offs are here and Wigan Warriors face Leeds Rhinos this Thursday’s Eliminator Game at the DW Stadium (7:45pm K.O.).

The winner will advance into the Play-Off Semi Finals for a chance to play at Old Trafford in the 2021 Betfred Super League Grand Final.

After finishing fourth in the regular season, the Warriors will host the Rhinos, who finished fifth.

All 2021 Season Ticket Holders and Loyal 18 members can get a £5 discount when purchasing their ticket for the game. Please note that the deadline for the discount is 5pm on Wednesday 22nd September.

A note to all Season Ticket Holders that your normal seat for 2021 is not guaranteed for this game. If you would like to remain in your seat, we urge you to buy your tickets as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.

A reminder that this game is a Super League-controlled game and Play-Off games do not count towards a Season Ticket. All fans must purchase tickets to attend the game.

Tickets are available to purchase from the DW Stadium Ticket Office (open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri), on the phone by calling 01942 311 111 or online by clicking HERE.

For ticket prices at the DW Stadium, please click HERE. For more information on tickets, please click HERE.

To book hospitality tickets, please call 01942 762890 or email hospitality@wiganwarriors.com

There will be a pay on the day facility, but all tickets must be bought from the DW Stadium Ticket Office which will be open until kick-off on Thursday.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/09/ ... -are-here/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: The Play-Offs are here

Post by josie andrews »

Gildart: We’re confident

Oliver Gildart shares his thoughts ahead of Wigan’s Play-Off Eliminator Game against Leeds.

Gildart: “We know we’ve got the right tools to beat them.”

Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos, Thursday 23rd September, DW Stadium, 7:45pm K.O. Get your tickets HERE.

Oliver Gildart has shared his confidence ahead of Wigan’s Play-Off Eliminator Game against Leeds Rhinos on Thursday, saying his team ‘know they have the right tools to beat them’ in what will be his final game at the DW Stadium.

Wigan faced Leeds in Round 21 of the Betfred Super League, where they were handed a 14-0 loss at the DW Stadium. Gildart is confident that his side have a score to settle this time around.

He said: “We do a lot of video review, we’ve watched that game back previously and we’ll be looking at it again this week. We know we’ve got the right tools to beat them, we’ve done it before so hopefully we can put that in place on Thursday night.”

Speaking on the end of the regular season, the centre said: “Obviously, we’ve had some good games in the last couple of weeks, we’ve put in some good performances and hopefully we can carry on going and get to the Grand Final.”

Our main focus is defence; defence wins you the big games. We’re pretty confident that we can score at any point and we’ve got a good group of players to do that so it’s just about little efforts in the game and hopefully we’ll come good in these Play-Offs.”

After a great career with Wigan, which has seen him play 142 games, score 65 tries and win four major honours, Gildart prepares to bid farewell to the DW Stadium this Thursday ahead of his move to Wests Tigers at the close of the season.

“I can’t wait, it’s going to be an emotional one,” he said. “I’ve been at the Club since I was 12-years-old so this is all I’ve ever known really from a young age, I’m looking forward to walking out. Hopefully this isn’t my last game for Wigan but it’s definitely going to be an emotional day.”

Wigan Warriors face Leeds Rhinos on Thursday 23rd September (7:45pm K.O.) in the first Betfred Super League Play-Off Eliminator Game. Tickets are on sale for the game, with the winner progressing to the Play-Off Semi Finals. Click HERE to buy your tickets NOW!

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/09/ ... confident/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Obviously I want us to win it but first and foremost I just want good performances.
Not the embarrassing drivel that has been dished out a lot this season
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Is Gildart thinking of playing 2 or even 3 games on the trot. That's new.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.