Attendance for Thursday playoff game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Attendance for Thursday playoff game

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Just been on the e ticket site to buy our tickets for Thursday and it looks so far like we're really struggling to shift tickets. At this rate it looks like we will be lucky to see a 6k attendance. What are people on here doing? I know Thursday games are harder to get to for some people.
DaveO

Re: Attendance for Thursday playoff game

Post by DaveO »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:Just been on the e ticket site to buy our tickets for Thursday and it looks so far like we're really struggling to shift tickets. At this rate it looks like we will be lucky to see a 6k attendance. What are people on here doing? I know Thursday games are harder to get to for some people.
Two extra people in my party. My son who is a season ticket holder anyway is bringing two friends. One is a Leeds supporter and has decided to sit with the Leeds fans and so has bought his own ticket. Had no issue of getting three seats together where I wanted for the other three of us. Plenty of availability as you say.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

We as a Club should be saying to the Superleague 'As a Club we have made the financial decision to reduce the price of admission for the playoff game v Leeds to match the match price paid/game by season ticket holders for each game during this disrupted season'
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

It just feels disappointing that despite such a poor season, by hook or by crook we have managed to get to the playoffs on the back of an actual decent performance beating the best team in the league and even then, it seems not many are willing to turn up. I'll be going as usual but for me, a low attendance always dulls the whole game for me weather we win lose or draw, a poor crowd really does affect the whole mood of the game
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Blackpool Pie - I think you'll find that most of the people 'on here' will be at the match. It's all the others you need to worry about. The playoffs have been a perennial problem ever since people had to pay over and above their season tickets. I'd love to know (and the club should know) what proportion of STHs go to playoff games compared to non season ticket holders.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I've just seen that we've confirmed the signing of Ian Thornley for next season. Nobody saw that coming, I'm sure it'll add thousands to the gate on Thursday.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

southportcdm wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:32 pm Blackpool Pie - I think you'll find that most of the people 'on here' will be at the match. It's all the others you need to worry about. The playoffs have been a perennial problem ever since people had to pay over and above their season tickets. I'd love to know (and the club should know) what proportion of STHs go to playoff games compared to non season ticket holders.
I certainly wasn't pointing fingers at anyone who uses this forum. I was just gauging weather many who usually go may not be going Thursday for whatever reason.

That would definitely be very interesting to find out. I haven't been a season ticket holder for some years now, however I do tend to go to at least more than half the home games every year. As you say, playoffs have always been poorly attended. I used to think some were counting their chickens and saving themselves for the final.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

southportcdm wrote:I've just seen that we've confirmed the signing of Ian Thornley for next season. Nobody saw that coming, I'm sure it'll add thousands to the gate on Thursday.
If they had done that yesterday when I booked the tickets I might have stayed away in protest [emoji23]
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Blackpool Pie - I apologise, I missed the emphasis of your statement when I read it first time. I'm looking forward to a good game on Thursday and I'm glad that you'll be there.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Our usual 6 from up here is down to one . 2 days holiday from work required for Thursday night games. 5 train tickets for sale.

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked