Attendance for Thursday playoff game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Attendance for Thursday playoff game

Post by morley pie eater »

I understand the issues raised, but from my personal viewpoint, Thursday is better than Friday (M62 traffic).
Let's see how many Leeds fans turn up - and while we're on that subject, they out-shouted the Wigan fans last time out. How dare they? Surely it won't happen again?

Positivity.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:25 pm I understand the issues raised, but from my personal viewpoint, Thursday is better than Friday (M62 traffic).
Let's see how many Leeds fans turn up - and while we're on that subject, they out-shouted the Wigan fans last time out. How dare they? Surely it won't happen again?

Positivity.
We had nothing to shout about last time 😧
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I'm in either way! Feeling confident and hopefully the squad are too after Catalans!

Still early days regarding tickets IMO, only got mine today.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am I'm in either way! Feeling confident and hopefully the squad are too after Catalans!

Still early days regarding tickets IMO, only got mine today.
I bought mine the minute they went on sale last Tuesday 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well, as it goes, I didn't go to the Cats game in the end for personal reasons, but I have my ticket for this (surely much more important) game. This is where it all starts to matter at the business end of the season. It seems a shame if the most important games are the most poorly attended. I suppose ATEOTD some people resent paying what they see as 'extra' for play-off matches.
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

Thursday night games are a pain for me with working shifts. 2 weeks out of 3 I'm either on 2-10 or nights so impossible for me to attend. This week I'm on nights but will be able to watch the game on Sky before work.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Four for us.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

moto748 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:58 pm Well, as it goes, I didn't go to the Cats game in the end for personal reasons, but I have my ticket for this (surely much more important) game. This is where it all starts to matter at the business end of the season. It seems a shame if the most important games are the most poorly attended. I suppose ATEOTD some people resent paying what they see as 'extra' for play-off matches.
If a miracle happens and we get to the Grand Final they will be falling over themselves to get tickets .
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

The first round of the playoffs is traditionally not very well attended. Couple this with the fact its on a Thursday, I'd say we've done very well if we crack 10000. Personally I don't think we'll get anywhere near it sadly.