Wigan squad for Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Re: Wigan squad for Leeds

Post by jaws1 »

WIGIAN wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:43 pm Gildart shocking again bon voyage , Hardacre sadly looks like hes moved on already . JB a shadow Farrell burnt out and Leeds only needed to handle Hastings. KPP left too late but a minor glimmer in a season of darkness. New top class half back please and a new broom to sweep the crap out. Id take Biers in a heartbeat to re invigorate this so called attacking tosh
You mean Briers is being considered for head coach at Salford.
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

Spelling error sorry. Sadly yes that Briers ,but hes the sort of chance IL wouldnt ever take . Next 4 coaches Peet, SOL, Tommy and Farrell at this rate
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Very flat performance tonight (from both teams). Think we certainly ran out of steam. Didn't attend the Cats win, fans around said it was two completely different teams playing!

What was most apparent to me, if we don't sign an experienced scrum half and establish very quickly who will play standoff, we are in big trouble!

All these posts about not having a big enough pack are groundless if we don't sort our game management!

Hopefully see a refreshed Bateman next season. Looked like he struggled tonight.

I'm glad it's over. For me, cut and shut is, if we got to Old Trafford, I don't think we match Stains or Wire pound for pound and I personally don't fancy losing to either!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

WIGIAN wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:43 pm Gildart shocking again bon voyage , Hardacre sadly looks like hes moved on already . JB a shadow Farrell burnt out and Leeds only needed to handle Hastings. KPP left too late but a minor glimmer in a season of darkness. New top class half back please and a new broom to sweep the crap out. Id take Biers in a heartbeat to re invigorate this so called attacking tosh
Hastings is too slow mate.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Ipinwigan wrote:Well you can't deny stats and they confirm how bad things have been this season, by being the lowest scoring team in the league (points per match average).
IL and Rads, need to now make brave and ambitious decisions, not cheap decisions.
They have got to provide the the Wigan faithful with some optimism for the next and future seasons, or forever loose fans.
We can not be expected to keep watching the abysmal performances of this season ever again, while they sit there and do nothing
They have one chance to do that for next season because they said at the fans forum they have enough for a half back and then have £73k left on the cap.

That amounts to £223k (unless they make the half back a marquee and spend a fortune on him).

So think about it. The squad minus Hastings and Gildart with the additions of Thornley, Miski and the two Aussie forwards is going to cost. £1, 877,000. That is a joke. There are some players being paid far too much money. The squad management is a joke.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:27 pm
Barney841 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:15 pm No bullock again.
Jenna Brooks just said shoulder injured in the Catalans game. Thought someone mentioned on here it was broken fingers.
That would be me as that was what Bullock told me at the end of the game last week!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

If Giz was coaching that team then we would be in the next round.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:04 am If Giz was coaching that team then we would be in the next round.
Sorry but this is Tosh, he was more of a risk than Lam, 20 years out if the game
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Charriots Offiah

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:09 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:04 am If Giz was coaching that team then we would be in the next round.
Sorry but this is Tosh, he was more of a risk than Lam, 20 years out if the game
I don’t think so, Giz has a rugby brain. Look at both their records. Tell me what Lam has won and what Edwards has achieved?
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:15 am
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:09 am
I don’t think so, Giz has a rugby brain. Look at both their records. Tell me what Lam has won and what Edwards has achieved?
Absolutely zilch in RL or as a head coach in either code