Wigan squad for Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Wigan squad for Leeds

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:26 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:15 am
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:09 am

Sorry but this is Tosh, he was more of a risk than Lam, 20 years out if the game
I don’t think so, Giz has a rugby brain. Look at both their records. Tell me what Lam has won and what Edwards has achieved?
Absolutely zilch in RL or as a head coach in either code
Not correct.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:04 am If Giz was coaching that team then we would be in the next round.
Sorry but this is Tosh, he was more of a risk than Lam, 20 years out if the game
He had never been a head coach in RU but look at his record. I am afraid your comment does not hold any weight. Please explain. Edwards drives standards up not down, Lam has taken us backwards. IFL and Rads have got to stop talking a good game and delivering. The most important person in a team is the coach/manager.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:35 pm
Hastings is too slow mate.
I think he probably is, for the NRL, but would nevertheless make a very good half for a SL side. Not Wigan, though.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

moto748 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:27 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:35 pm
Hastings is too slow mate.
I think he probably is, for the NRL, but would nevertheless make a very good half for a SL side. Not Wigan, though.
What we have seen this year is that Hastings isn’t the organising / game management half. He needs to be the one who can drift around and decide when to strike and needs a partner like a Marty Smith or Paul Deacon.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

So the season ended in appropriate fashion for me. Getting nilled having offered absolutely nothing in attack. Personally I felt he should have put out the same side as last week. The young lads who got the nod last week really stepped up and showed a bit of pride in the jersey. Some more established names really need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

So thats another season done, and i'm going to offer a positive which is "We got to see some live rugby" which is more than we thought we might get at one point (we'll ignore that it's not been the best to watch for now)

I could launch into a lengthy rant about how dreadful last night was but there isn't much point (and there's 12 pages of that already with no doubt more to come) so instead I'll say this. I wish you all a very pleasant off season, hope you have a safe and healthy few months, and i'll see you all in February when for my sins, I'll be back in the Boston stand wearing whatever offering Hummel have come up with between now and then a couple of hundred pounds poorer and ready to do it all over again.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:36 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:04 am If Giz was coaching that team then we would be in the next round.
He had never been a head coach in RU but look at his record. I am afraid your comment does not hold any weight. Please explain. Edwards drives standards up not down, Lam has taken us backwards. IFL and Rads have got to stop talking a good game and delivering. The most important person in a team is the coach/manager.
He has been a RU head coach and did well but I'm sorry that means squat in league.

He's known as a amazing defence coach, I'd say that's not an area we have an issue with.

I am not old enough to remember the Edwards Era but imagine the uproar if it hadn't been an ex wigan legend assad was just a random union coach.

Edwards was a complete gamble.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

After retirement he spent a year with Wayne Bennett studying rugby coaching then went to RU, I think he’d would have been fine
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Ipinwigan wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:38 pm Well this abysmal season is over, so one good thing.
The only problem is I am not optimistic that things will improve next season.
There will have to be some very good news from the club, to sell season tickets
If Peet is the new coach then no even with Wane behind him what will be like .Peet was in the club when Wane was here and ALL the teams were drilled to adopt Wanes rugby style and that's still in them what can Peet change well he would have to have a completely different style of rugby game plan not too disciplined and more of the cuff rugby. Wont happen with Wane in the background with his hand up Peets back.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:10 pm Very flat performance tonight (from both teams). Think we certainly ran out of steam. Didn't attend the Cats win, fans around said it was two completely different teams playing!

What was most apparent to me, if we don't sign an experienced scrum half and establish very quickly who will play standoff, we are in big trouble!

All these posts about not having a big enough pack are groundless if we don't sort our game management!

Hopefully see a refreshed Bateman next season. Looked like he struggled tonight.

I'm glad it's over. For me, cut and shut is, if we got to Old Trafford, I don't think we match Stains or Wire pound for pound and I personally don't fancy losing to either!
Difference with the Cats game we started with Clubb and Bullock as starting props and Clark on the bench 3 seasoned props last night we had one some of these kids are overrated some will have to go with these two props coming from Aus next year back row will be Farrell,Isa and Bateman props from the two new lads ,Singleton the kids will have to be happy with bench spots or leave.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:28 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:26 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:15 am

I don’t think so, Giz has a rugby brain. Look at both their records. Tell me what Lam has won and what Edwards has achieved?
Absolutely zilch in RL or as a head coach in either code
Not correct.
Sorry yeah that was wrong, he hasn't been a head coach in union for over 10 years and has never held a coaching job in league. That's more accurate. Edwards has been a defence coach for the last 10 years and considering we're crying out for a better attack, out defence is actually our strength, why would we want a union defence coach with no experience coaching in league as our head coach?