Wigan squad for Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Wigan squad for Leeds

Post by pedro »

Southern Softy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:23 pm A final comment from Mrs SS, who was even more pissed off than me with the display last night. Why could Leeds always push us back and we could hardly shift Leeds an inch even when we had three against a winger or centre? Technique or conditioning?
both, plus attitude
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

pedro wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:06 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:23 pm A final comment from Mrs SS, who was even more pissed off than me with the display last night. Why could Leeds always push us back and we could hardly shift Leeds an inch even when we had three against a winger or centre? Technique or conditioning?
both, plus attitude
+1
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

blindsideprop wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:22 am Wigan will continue on a downward spiral as long as Lenaghan is in charge of the club.I am sick of listening to people saying how much he has put into the club out of his own pocket.When he does decide to go does anyone seriously think he will make a loss.He is a very successful businessman and will make a profit.He has proved he is a penny pincher and the the signings for next year have proved that.As long as fans are prepared to put up with the club being also rans then he will continue to in the same vein.I will no longer put money into his pocket and I have supported this club for over 60 years.
Yes, of course. Noone makes money out of RL. Its a hobby, or even a putting back into the community thing.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mike wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:27 pm
blindsideprop wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:22 am Wigan will continue on a downward spiral as long as Lenaghan is in charge of the club.I am sick of listening to people saying how much he has put into the club out of his own pocket.When he does decide to go does anyone seriously think he will make a loss.He is a very successful businessman and will make a profit.He has proved he is a penny pincher and the the signings for next year have proved that.As long as fans are prepared to put up with the club being also rans then he will continue to in the same vein.I will no longer put money into his pocket and I have supported this club for over 60 years.
Yes, of course. Noone makes money out of RL. Its a hobby, or even a putting back into the community thing.
he wont make a loss as all the money he has put in he has added to the loan he said didnt he that the club owes him, I imagine that will have to be paid when it comes time to sell
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

[/quote

It is a hobby to some yes,but to Lenaghan it is business,if you dont believe that then you are very naive.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

You’re right Mike your not going to make a fortune out of RL but I suspect there will be loans that need paying when he does go or some sort of tax write off
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Always amuses me to see penny pinching used, Wakefield penny pinch IL doesn't and when he has had to reduce the clubs costs he has been very open about it.

Maybe those accusing are upset that Burgess didn't work out or that Bateman form has been poor, or bitter that despite apperently offering a massive contract Williams went to wire.

The cap maybe needs managing better but we also have alot of players retiring or leaving recently so we may see a change.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
HDS

Post by HDS »

I think Shaun Edwards would have been a good fit for Wigan. As a player he was meticulous in his preparation, trained hard, right diet, sufficient rest, studied the opposition. He strived to be the best player he could be. According to the books you can read on Wigan in the time he was playing he would lay into team mates if they made mistakes. He set himself high standards and also everyone else else around him.

I realise he has been out of Rugby League for a long time but I think he would always keep his finger on the pulse and keep an eye what is going on tactics wise and training wise. He would do this to see if he can bring anything helpful to Rugby Union.

He has a relentless attitude to every coaching position he has had. I think it is just what we need at Wigan at the moment.

I suppose it doesn't really matter now it looks like that ship has sailed anyway.

So whoever gets the job lets all get behind him and give him some positive support!!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

pedro wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:55 pm
he wont make a loss as all the money he has put in he has added to the loan he said didnt he that the club owes him, I imagine that will have to be paid when it comes time to sell
It will have to be. Unless he forgives it, which is pretty usual to get a sale of an organization which never has and never will make money.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

blindsideprop wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:22 am
It is a hobby to some yes,but to Lenaghan it is business,if you dont believe that then you are very naive.
He's running it as a business because the alternative is to spend way more of his personal money than he already has. But that doesn't mean he thinks it's a profitable business. Is something that's being kept alive that one day may break even at best. What's the chances of him turning a few million profit and paying himself back you reckon?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐