Pace

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Pace

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:52 am Is our three quarter line the slowest in SL? Miski and the returning French will be a breath of fresh air.
It's a shame when they posted the speeds at magic weekend that the facts disagreed with you. Last night we where slow but our backline is quick.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:08 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:52 am Is our three quarter line the slowest in SL? Miski and the returning French will be a breath of fresh air.
It's a shame when they posted the speeds at magic weekend that the facts disagreed with you. Last night we where slow but our backline is quick.
Highest speed recorded doesn’t always translate to the pitch though.

Who is quicker over the first 5-20m is a lot more key which is why players like Grace and French do so well.

Some of the players in the top speed list will also be fast over the shorter distances but it isn’t a given.

Nor would those with the top speeds necessarily win over 100m. How long does it take them to get there? How long can they sustain it?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:54 am
Wintergreen wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:44 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:17 am Beginning to wonder if Marshall is even that fast anymore?

Cannot remember last time I saw him stretch his legs.
Might help if he ever got a pass.
There was only one real opportunity for Gildart to pass it last night where he could have made a break.

All others he’d have been in touch.

I counted 4 last night when gilly drew the winger and centre, he never even looked to pass, ran like Stefan marsh with his head down, good riddance
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i think injuries have played a big part in the perception though

pre-season we had what looked like one of the fastest back lines in the league

French - season ending injury
Field - season ending injury - yes he played a bit part but certainly didnt look fit to me
Manfredi - injured - retired
Marshall - injured good part of the season, and certainly not 100% fit
Gildart - injured all season
Bibby - can move a bit but probably not as quick over the 1st 10-15m as the others

fast forward to the end of the season, and we are playing a battered and patched up side that looks tired and ready for the season to finish.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:17 am
Charriots Offiah wrote:Is our three quarter line the slowest in SL? Miski and the returning French will be a breath of fresh air.
What do you know about Miski and why do you think he’s going to be any good? How often have you seen him play? The only thing i have heard about him is he was supposedly useless v Toulouse and I know he’s been playing in the championship so I assume that’s his level.
Cost effective Dave,maybe they should get that saying in Latin and slap it on another another useless rebrand for those “yoofs” that didn’t come
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Let's turn it around Dave and ask what do you know about Miski? Why not wait and see like most rational people would do?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=762790784414408
Miski can leg it Hanks as his centre .
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

No straw damn us wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:49 pm Let's turn it around Dave and ask what do you know about Miski? Why not wait and see like most rational people would do?
Its best to assume he's rubbish. :lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:04 pm https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=762790784414408
Miski can leg it Hanks as his centre .
not great that is it
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I am struggling to remember any of our wingers beating his opposite number on the outside and rounding the fullback.